Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Hey in case y'all are interested--and who isn't--there's a rather nice 690 SMC in Cali and not only is it a 2009, but it also has only 4,200 miles. AND it's just under 7 large. If I had a spare 8 grand I would be so on top of this fly and ride.

Cycle Trader

e: does not have the boss orange wheels, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

iwentdoodie posted:

So, uh, any bad things about just getting a new Duke 690? Cause I went and looked and sat on them today, and kinda fell in love.

I did the same thing when I did the same thing.

They're so compact and pretty and just feel right. There's a couple of KTM ride events near Chicago coming up. Not that it matters because my KTM/Duc dealer keeps offering me test-rides every time I walk in as if they were a car dealer.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Safety Dance posted:

Who's your dealer? I can't go anywhere this weekend (I'm on call), but it might be fun to go ogle some bikes.

It's called MCC Motor Cycle Center: They're in Lake Villa or Villa Park or something, which is just on the other side of O'Hare from me, and since I live on la loma del culo, it's relatively close to me. You could take the Ike north to St. Charles and go west from there. I like the place; they sell KTM and Ducati, of course, and also Triumphs and MVs. Oh, and EBRs and I think Nortons? Their used selection is really interesting too. This weekend might suck for weather, but I might head over there at some point as well.

I usually talk to James. He's a cool guy, and has a short guy's perspective on bikes, which is nice to hear.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Well drat, I'm not a tall dude, but I was able to flatfoot the Duke, if you know what I mean.

If it was a 1190 Adventure or something I could understand.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Hey, I'll be there too, you bastards!

Just on a regular street bike tho. No curb-jumping for me.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Marxalot posted:

e: Seriously it reminds me of the xbox 360 for some reason.

Great; now I can't unsee it.

Yeah, the bodywork is just OK and the headlight is a bit weird, but I LOVE the color scheme for some reason, especially with the high-viz greenyellow and I really like the seat/"tank".

If they release a 690 SMC in the states under the Husky brand and it looks like that, I may just have to abandon my reasonable plans to get an FJ-09 or a Ninja 1000 with saddlebags.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Z3n posted:

Just go full retard and get a SXV550. All sumos feel "slow" coming off a literbike, cause the difference between 30% of the power of your bike and 45% of the power of your bike isn't really noticeable.

What about the old hypermotards, the 1100s?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
But the SXV is a proper sumo? I thought it was another one of those Italian things (Rivale, etc) that look like sumos.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

SaNChEzZ posted:

I am not a rapper.

But I'm like Trapper
John M.D.
the mad MC
makin fools flee
on my DRZ

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
drat that is pretty. I love those rims.

This makes me want a 701 even more; for some reason I really love the Husky Swedish color scheme.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Anybody know when/if the Husqy 701 is ever going to actually go on sale (in the US or anywhere else for that matter)? I swear if I lay eyes on one of those things in a showroom it will not be good on my wallet. I'll gladly be the SA guinea pig, though!

I actually called the closest Husqy dealer to me. Only 2.5 hours away... I'm in Houston TX.

This article (http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/husqvarna-701-enduro-teaser/) specul8s that while yes, the 701 (SM and enduro, apparently) will be coming to the states, it will not be until the Spring.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Yeah, the dealer talked about the enduro which is the exact same bike fitted with knobbies and different wheels. He said he has no idea when they'll start actually coming in and I would be the first pre-order of the 701 SM.

They updated the website by trickling some more info in, specs and a 360 view and stuff.

http://www.701supermoto.com/

I don't know how much of that stuff was known, but I was happy to discover that they will be using tubeless wheels.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

XYLOPAGUS posted:

Tubeless wheels huge plus. I had to get a new tube in a pinch. Shop charged me 160 to install it...

Holy poo poo, I hope that figure was in Yuan or at least included the tube!

And a new tire.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
That's the Stillers connector. You can connect it to your Stiller hat or your Stiller jersey or to some sort of sandwich with french fries and cole slaw paradoxically inside.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

epalm posted:

I'm also OCD when it comes to straightness and symmetry.

Never buy an S1000RR.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
And not just the headlights, which give it an appropriately demented look that I love, but the fairings on either side of the engine are completely different as well.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

XYLOPAGUS posted:

First guy on the list for the 701 at the husqy dealer in Austin! Weeeeee!

Noooice. I assume you people can ride in February?

I assume you people can ride in February.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
The (KTM) Enduro R is about 10,5 in the States.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Coydog posted:

So these exist in the states? I've been beginning to think that we only got the duke, because I haven't been able to find a 690 smc on the used market yet. Esp ebay motors and craigslist.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/5251159257.html

I searched for Tuono the other day, and got a nice 2nd-gen Tuono, the above bike, and a used 2015 FZ-09. Craig knows.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Noice.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Why does it have a 2-into-1?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I forgot to ask the lady if I could cancel my medical coverage on State Farm. Last time, they offered me something so pointless like $2,500. Yeah that's going to make a dent.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

A MIRACLE posted:

The dealer has a discount on the DRZ-SM and they're offering me over KBB for my FZ07. Money isn't super an issue but just curious, what's the better bike? My riding is 100% surface streets in LA with some lanesplitting on the freeway. I got a Miata for longer trips.

robotsinmyhead posted:

I'm tempted to try it. BTW, I replaced it with an FZ-09 just like you :haw:

Interestingly, I'm considering swapping my FZ-09 for a DRZ at some point (maybe in the fall); I ride like 90% urban streets, and I feel like the 09 is wasted. It's fun on the highway, but I hardly ever get out on country roads or anything. Being in a big city, it takes me at least an hour. Maybe a bit less.

So this may be a weird question: do we know anyone in Chicago or nearby that has a DRZ? I would love to try it out to see if it's worth it going through the hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I could take a trip down to Skankakee or wherever.

Get me out of this ridiculous city.

• Locked thread