Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A DRZ or WR-X would both be great starter bikes as long as you're comfortable with the height. Other supermotos maybe not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Speaking of height, how well can a DRZ be operated by a short guy? I'm 5'8" with short legs, about a 30" inseam, and I want one.
I have a 32" inseam and it sags enough for me to flatfoot it. I'm a lardass, though, so that helps. (For certain definitions of helps.) Worst case scenario, you may have slide off a bit to get a foot down.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

If you're the lightest, shortest guy on earth you can still get lowering dogbones and a shaved seat, and it should be fine for all but the littlest of little people.
There's not a whole lot of seat on a DRZ to shave.

...I need a new seat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Could you squeeze the DR650 lump into a DRZ400?
Other than the lack of water cooling simplifying things, why would you want to?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

soy posted:

People on thumpertalk or whatever recommend some corbin seat but I'm always too lazy to actually figure out which one I need. If someone is nice enough to recommend something I can just search for on ebay that is not terrible and fits a drz400sm I'll probably buy it.
This is what they're recommending: http://corbin.com/suzuki/drz400.shtml

Corbin S-DRZ-400-S is the part number. As far as I know it's the only aftermarket seat that offers a significantly wider seat. I can't comment on it otherwise, though, since I've never used one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

How's it do on that kind of ground with the street tires? That's pretty much what the trails around here all look like.
Street tires can do that just fine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Two things that'll help some: 1) Move the right engine mount to the left side (it makes sense when you look at it), but you'll probably need to get new nuts, since they're locking, I think?

2) Attach the intake boot to the carb and then to the airbox.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ideal Paradigm posted:

For the DRZ, is there a version that's fuel injection? I've searched around and there seems to be conflicting information.

Also, how does fuel injection vs. carburetor affect supermoto riding? If it does at all? Does it only affect mileage? On the current websites for Suzuki and Yamaha, the DRZ claims 65 MPG and the WR250X claims 71 MPG, which is really quite close, despite the engine size differences.
DRZ is carb only. WR is FI only. It doesn't affect riding other than altitude adjustments, which may be a factor depending on where you live. Fuel economy is negligible. To put that difference into real terms, that means every 100 miles, you'll need to purchase an extra 0.13 gallons of gas. (Assuming you can actually get those numbers and LOL.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Olde Weird Tip posted:

ATTN DRZ OWNING GOONS: Sell me your DRZ :shobon:

I will sell you my DRZ. Though I don't think you are close to me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Milwaukee, you?
DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'll throw in a 2x4. It'll be more comfortable than the stock seat.

• Locked thread