Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Bread
Aug 21, 2004

PEDOPHILE NAZI-APOLOGIST
I'm so loving tempted by this thread, I'm waiting for an insurance claim to come through on my stolen CBR600, so when I get the money I may have to get a DRZ or KTM 690. I've been a sucker for the KTM's after going out riding with a couple of friends who both rode KTM supermoto's and they looked more fun than anything I've seen so far. They sound awesome and I remember being at the lights behind my one friend and getting a face/mouth full of his exhaust, because the 690's exhaust is conveniently placed and angled to fire gobs of carbon monoxide in a 6ft tall sports bike rider's face.

Anyway I ride a lot, not long distance trips but I commute every day and I'm always on the bike just riding for the hell of it, and I'm wondering bad in comparison to the DRZ a KTM will be consumable/maintenance wise with very regular use (I do about 6-8000 miles a year)?

I'm definitely going to get a test ride on them both sometime this week though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Bread
Aug 21, 2004

PEDOPHILE NAZI-APOLOGIST
I test rode a DRZ today, it was fun, but it didn't have enough grunt for my liking. It was the easiest bike I've ever ridden though, even more so than the bikes I did my test on and this is probably why I felt it was a bit lacking as I felt I could've handled more.

Anyway my friend has a KTM 660 he's looking to get sell, he already has a 525, so I'm gonna give that a test ride soon and I can't loving wait.

• Locked thread