Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Jazzzzz posted:

I thought most conversions involved a larger disc and potentially a bigger caliper to go with it - or are you saying the master cylinder on your average dirt bike isn't enough for the street?

A master on a dirtbike is more than enough for the street, but might come up a bit short during heavy use at a road or supermoto track. I have no problems doing stoppies or losing front grip on my yz with street tires on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I linked this in another thread a while ago, but it really belongs here. Video Coverage of all 6 rounds of the AMA supermoto championship last year, and lots of other good videos.

http://www.supermotoonline.com/VideoPage.htm

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I always see you guys talking DRZ prices in here, so I decided to see what my area is like. This seems like a pretty solid deal, and somebody in here is always looking. It's not my bike, nor do I know the owner.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/2006483138.html

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Spiffness posted:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED REDACTED

(KTM Bra is not a real thing :saddowns:)

Wanna bet?

KTM Coconut Bra!

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Can I have your head to put on our wall of spectacular failures? Thats a good one. Should the PO be held responsible? Tough to say, I wouldn't be inclined to hold him responsible for something that I should have checked when I bought the bike. Did he say that he just did a valve adjustment? If so, then I would probably want to have a word with him since he botched it. But why did you go out and ride it on the highway with classic and serious valve adjustment symptoms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Are you the one on there complaining about how no one posts? I posted something just for you.

• Locked thread