Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Yay Supermoto thread!

This is my baby, '03 KTM 660 SMC

Currently it looks something like this, in the process of making it shine like a diamond!

The Snow is rapidly malting here now, hoping to take it out around easter!

Also thanks to no battery and electric start, this is how you fire it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN2jiWciVw4
Sucks when it's cold :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Gnaghi posted:

I was really tempted to ride up the sidewalk and across the crosswalk instead of waiting for the light to turn green but I played it safe and my Husky ended up shooting steam out of the radiator expansion tank! Just something to think about.

This have happened to me too several times. No radiator fan and kick-start only is really fun in city traffic with tons of stop lights on hot days!

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Took a few pics of the ride today.

God I love this machine, but it does make me do some weird stuff. "Oh hay riding over this lawn seems like a good idea!".

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Just remember that Motard is dangerously close to Retard. I've done things the last couple days that puts me in the latter category...

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

I like my SM because it's so easy to work on :v:

Managed to gently caress up one of the oil drain plugs, and no matter what I did I could not get that fucker out. It was leaking oil all over the place so I couldn't leave it, and since there's three of them I figured what the hell, why not just JB Weld it!

About 150/200 miles later and not a drop! I'll probably start changing the oil a bit more often, but that's just fun really.

Valfar fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 3, 2010

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Took a trip to a local ski resort this weekend.

Turns out the KTM isn't half bad in rough terrain! Had to get past some really steep and rocky parts to get up, kind of surprised I made actually.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Dear CA please help me. About a week ago I decided to sell my KTM. Why? I "need" money for redoing my bathroom. Now, I actually have saved up for this for a while, and can afford it without selling the bike, but for some strange reason it feels like I should have some extra cash for unexpected expenses. Am I getting old? I turned 30 not long ago, may this have something to do with this? When I parked my car in my garage today I stood there for a while looking at my bike and wondering why I would get rid of the best thing I have ever owned. I love this piece of machinery like it's close family. I think I have to go on a long and wheelie filled ride tomorrow...

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

The bathroom can't wait as the waste and inlet pipes (I have no clue if that's what it's called) have to be replaced, and because of this every bathroom in the building I live in is getting redone this fall. The costs are minimal compared to doing the entire thing myself, so I guess it boils down to me being all OCD over having extra cash for whatever reason. I'm calling my bank on Monday to see if I get this included in the loan I already have on this place. According to friends this should be no problem.

In other news I'm starting to get the hang on changing gears while doing wheelies. Also I did a wheelie in fifth the other day (with one leg on the seat), and I'm pretty sure I crapped my pants a little.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

I have had a hell of a time getting used to changing gears. A tad to much throttle and I almost flip it, a tad to little it just falls back down due to the massive engine breaking. Guess learning to wheelie an a 660 smc might not be the easiest :P

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Doing it in the lower rev range definitely helps, it's what helped me getting used to changing gears. I'll see if I can get some video tomorrow, found some awesome wheelie areas a few weeks ago!

Also I feel like a new born christian for some reason right now. Just with more adrenalin! I's it normal to feel this way about a piece of machinery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

I run 160 on mine and have never had a problem. Congrats on the bike, you're in for some serious fun!

• Locked thread