Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ffubalo bill
Jun 22, 2005

mmmmmmm, savor flavor
Grimey Drawer
http://i.imgur.com/1e10C.jpg

Bought this last Friday. It only has 100 miles on it. After I bought it I drove it to the gas station and topped off the tank. When I was driving it home it died 1 mile away from where I gassed it up. Called the guy I bought it from and he picked me and the bike up and took it to the shop and gave me a ride home. The shop said they emptied the gas tank and cleaned the carbs. It ran fine for the 20 minute drive home and then I topped off the tank again. Then the same drat thing happened and it died 1 mile from my house. This morning it runs just fine. I let it idle for 10 minutes, drove it about a half mile around my house and it runs just fine. Not sure what the hell is going on with it.

edit: Shop says they think I might be vaporlocking it up by topping it off. Told me to ride it today and see how it goes.

ffubalo bill fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ffubalo bill
Jun 22, 2005

mmmmmmm, savor flavor
Grimey Drawer
Just took it for a 2 hour ride and had no problems. Looks like the shop was right. I will have to be careful to not over fill it. Took it over a curb and found a few trails. Getting the drz is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

ffubalo bill
Jun 22, 2005

mmmmmmm, savor flavor
Grimey Drawer
I have a drz400sm and Im having a hard time finding offroad areas that do not have No Tresspassing signs all over the place. There is a MX park really close to my house with all different kinds of tracks. Would the SM handle very well there or would it suck taking it to MX tracks? Gravel and dirt is a blast but sand and mud sucks with the street tires.

• Locked thread