Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drewby Drewby Drew
Jan 24, 2006

I knew there had to be a supermoto thread.

Hey, that's my bike!

darknrgy posted:

Highway was pretty much miserable because of wind blast and the overall riding position seemed to strain my back (maybe I'm doing it wrong?). Most of my pleasure rides involve some pretty decent highway to get to where the goods are. Also I can just barely flatfoot it which makes me a bit uneasy.

I've done great lengths of hwy riding on a DRZ and a Duke II and it never gets easy, but you get used to it and learn to contort your body and change positions to be able to last those long rides. I just pulled a 375 mile ride last weekend on the Duke.

I'm planning on keeping my 01 Duke II for a little while, but I'd like to get something different in the future. The DRZ SM is pretty much the same weight as the Duke and is 5 speed as well.

I'm thinking a KTM 690 SMC. I like that it's a six speed and at 307 dry it's lighter than the Duke, DRZ SM, and Husqvarna SM610

The only thing is the ridiculous price! Does anyone think it's actually worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drewby Drewby Drew
Jan 24, 2006

700 miles! Did you end up riding into the great white north?

We did Winthrop and back, that about did me in, and made me realize that a six gear really might be in order soon.

A test ride would be awesome. No wheelies, I promise. Just noticed there's one for sale nearby and I'm very tempted.

Drewby Drewby Drew
Jan 24, 2006

Zool posted:

You might have trouble keeping that promise.

Z3n posted:

Let's not be hasty now. :xd:

Hahaha...I can be good :angel:

Spiffness posted:

We can meet up and do a ride swap if you want to take the 690 for a spin. It's almost impossible not to wheelie if you're not used to it so don't go making promises you can't keep :P

It'll have to wait till August though, I'm working non-stop till the 1st and wont have anymore time for riding.

Which works out because my rear tire is about 500 miles past due for being replaced after the last 2 weekends of long rides.

I hear yah. I actually need to get a new set of tires for the Duke as well. Went on a ride out to Neah Bay last weekend and they're definitely past due.

The next week is going to be work crazy for me, but we should definitely meet up soon for a ride.

My Duke and I from a recent HWY20 ride...

Drewby Drewby Drew
Jan 24, 2006

Spiffness posted:

I have that exact same photograph from 2 weekends ago.

Except the bike in the photo is a little bit nicer. ;)

Someday soon...

Drewby Drewby Drew
Jan 24, 2006

Man, I laugh so hard whenever I see an 08 690sm after the guys over at advrider started making this comparison:

• Locked thread