Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Sold my KTM, but still itching for another sumo.

The manufacturers' tents at the this weekend's MotoGP race didn't help.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Marxalot posted:

It makes me feel like a tool, but there's no other way to cross this piece of poo poo at 70+ on a windy day without getting tossed into another lane.

Is that the Baytown bridge?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Razzled posted:

Does anyone have a concrete opinion on the DRC edge2 tail lights? I need replacements for my OEM setup but I don't want anything that is overtly unsafe because it's hard to see. Is the +$80 12oclocks upgrade board necessary to bring it into the realm of safety?

Also can you use the stock blinkers with it?

I put the DRC Edge 2 and this Custom LED brake light modulator in my 625 SMC after nearly getting rear ended.

http://www.customled.com/products/magic-strobes-brake-light-flasher

The Edge 2 seemed pretty darn bright to me, and the brake light modulator seemed like a good addition. I had it set to do 3 fast blinks, hold, and repeat. It can do some rave-level-flashing patterns, but I thought those might startle whoever is following me more than just alert them that I am braking.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Maybe KTM has gotten their poo poo together in recent years, but I would be very hesitant to buy another, especially a used one.

Regarding the 2013+ 690 Duke, how much would one expect to pay for it out the door? The idea of dealers not budging on price and then tacking on another grand for "assembly" really sucks. At least that's what the local Triumph dealer wants to do here. The KTM dealer never even has new street bikes for sale-- they say KTM will hardly ship them anything.

\/\/\/\/\/\/Edit: Lol $6500 for a 690? In Houston and surrounding areas, they're priced more at $8k+, when they actually pop up, and that's generally for an '08 model year.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 12, 2014

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
The Vapor for my KTM was an upgrade in every respect. Perhaps the DRZ gauge is better. However, having a readable display, tach, water temp gauge, and being able to program the odometer to match original mileage was great.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
On KTMs the oil pan also acts as a glitter trap so it's good to empty it regularly.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Man, the new first person GTAV looks amazing.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
That is a good price relative to what else I've seen on Craigslist in Texas. Most of the SMCs I've seen for sale are listed for $8,500+ and have way more miles.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Sounds like it could be a slipping sprag clutch, like others have said.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
$16k for a sumo... Someone wake me up when the 701sm is selling for less than what my local KTM dealer is listing for old stock 1290 Super Dukes.

Also, when they are affordable.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Z3n posted:

Those early lc4s really redefine paint shaker.

Invest in a gallon of loctite and also just buy a 625smc.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

captainOrbital posted:

I forgot to ask the lady if I could cancel my medical coverage on State Farm. Last time, they offered me something so pointless like $2,500. Yeah that's going to make a dent.

In Texas, if you sign up for it and then want to cancel you have to mail in a few signed documents saying you're declining coverage. It was a pain in the rear end when I had to do it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
How do you possibly get traction in the dirt on slicks--- And then, not have terrible traction on tarmac when your slicks are covered in dirt?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I got some AR15s and gixxer parts plus cash on ur side. lmk if ur intrested.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

XYLOPAGUS posted:

The track school in Houston has been increasing prices pretty steadily. Now a track day is $175.

Excuse me, what?

Also, I really want to get into those Texas MiniGP races.

And get a sumo again.

• Locked thread