Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

so is his cloak attached to the lizard's tail or is the lizard just trying to choke him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewlink64
Apr 6, 2009
I don't think WTF, DnD can be complete without DnD's biggest WTF: The Book of Erotic Fantasy

That's a pretty big WTF.

Technically I actually don't think this is DnD sanctioned, but still :wtf:

mewlink64 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 4, 2009

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Modrons are loving ridiculous. I mean, I always knew they were one of the more bizarre creations of early D&D, but I figured that started and ended with cube people. I never realized how much worse it got.

Wizard Whateley posted:

Hmmm... 1996 would be about the right year and the content looks familiar. This could be it. I wish it had pictures, because then I would recognize it for sure.

Yeah, I bet you wish it had pictures. :colbert:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I have to say, I'm diggin' this thing's gigantic Obama belt buckle:

I almost wish our DM would work these into our 4th Edition game somehow, so I can finally say "What the loving gently caress?" in character.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Karl Rove posted:

I almost wish our DM would work these into our 4th Edition game somehow, so I can finally say "What the loving gently caress?" in character.

It seems like the whole world would easily turn into "Adventures in Mathland" with some modification.

...which REEEEALLY makes me want to write a campaign with them. :v:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

curlingiron posted:

It seems like the whole world would easily turn into "Adventures in Mathland" with some modification.

That would be awesome, actually. They'd dance around happily and try to teach you about algebra and shapes, while the party just becomes increasingly irritable until it just erupts into violence.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

VERY FUNNY. Witty dudes, you two. I want to read the next part! That's all. :cool:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Monster Manual 2 Part 1 is probably my favorite WTF DnD update so far. Great job both of you!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

curlingiron posted:

Finally, a legitimate reason to break out the Mathemagician prestige class!

Ideal Gas
May 16, 2008

Statistical conformity through random motions

mewlink64 posted:

I don't think WTF, DnD can be complete without DnD's biggest WTF: The Book of Erotic Fantasy
ELP's done that one, but it was like half a decade ago. I doubt Steve would have much fun with it either, it looks like in its high-mindedness it's neglected one of D&D's sexual keystones: hot barbarian chicks in leather swimsuits riding well-ripped bucking stallions.

mewlink64
Apr 6, 2009

Ideal Gas posted:

ELP's done that one, but it was like half a decade ago. I doubt Steve would have much fun with it either, it looks like in its high-mindedness it's neglected one of D&D's sexual keystones: hot barbarian chicks in leather swimsuits riding well-ripped bucking stallions.

Ahh, thanks, I didn't know there were older ones.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I loved these so much that I broke out my hardback D&D manuals to submit examples for future discussion. Then I kind of realized what a nerd I still am, even after a few decades.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The pitcher plant is a real plant :I

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

:O

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
The banter in this one was especially good. Nice work guys!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The whole book was just so loving bizarre. :|

Zratha
Nov 28, 2004

It's nice to see you
This one was really funny. Glad the tarrasque got his comeuppance.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

elpintogrande posted:

:O

It's just as surprised as you.

HHHH
Feb 8, 2004

Detective Thompson posted:

Looks more like a catcher plant, eh?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Marvelous. I really get a kick reading this stuff. I don't know what else to say!

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
The foxwoman review was really loving funny. I'm about to click over to the tab where it's open and I'll probably laugh at the capri pants thing again for like the fifth time.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Detective Thompson posted:

Where's the rabbit?

Mannex
Apr 12, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

yeah, but it can't close its lid. it just waits for poo poo to fall in. :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJCaG4tOaAU&feature=related heh.

but there are also carnivorous plants that move quite fast :science:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymnLpQNyI6g

Mannex fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 9, 2009

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

we need another update on this!

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

njbeachbum posted:

we need another update on this!
Would you settle for a cheap imitation?

http://www.cracked.com/article_17455_15-retarded-dungeons-dragons-monsters.html

a dog
Mar 10, 2007

I gotta admit, their number 12 is pretty funny:

Cracked posted:

The Senmurv is a wolf/eagle hybrid invented, without question, by someone with a dreamcatcher hanging from the rear-view mirror of their pickup truck. Each successful attack deals 1d6 of freedom.
The Senmurv is what Toby Keith becomes every full moon, and as such it fails to impress us on every conceivable level.

It's like WTF D&D collided with a Bradford Exchange article.

Volga Boatman
Sep 22, 2006

By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible

Benjamin Black posted:

You guys might also enjoy not hate much the old Book of ratings articles:
http://www.bookofratings.com/dndmonsters.html
http://www.bookofratings.com/dndmonsters2.html
http://www.bookofratings.com/dndmonsters3.html

Volga Boatman fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 14, 2009

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Benjamin Black posted:

My god those guys have no clue whatsoever:

quote:

Besides looking like a Pirates of the Caribbean alarm clock, the Demi-lich seems to possess no tactical advantages of any kind. It just kind of floats around, waiting for a party of heroes to smack it out of the air like a pinata.

We suppose it could try to bite you, but the illustration above kind of makes it look like the jaw is fused in place. Man, now we just feel sorry for it.

a dog
Mar 10, 2007

Hell to the yes:
1st Edition Fiend Folio (part 1)

quote:

Steve: We've done enough of these that you should know the answer to the why: wizards. Created by wizards for wizardly reasons.

Zack: Man, gently caress wizards!

Steve: Dude, I am with you 100%. Wizards are the pits.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

I have to say I enjoyed your little Battletech banter there at the end (nobody fucks wit da Hunchback).

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
I'd have to say I like this series better than Fashion SWAT only because of the contrast in personality between Steve and Zack, unlike in the SWAT series where they are pretty much the same. It works sooo hilariously well.

Looking forward to the next one!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

vandelay industries posted:

I'd have to say I like this series better than Fashion SWAT only because of the contrast in personality between Steve and Zack, unlike in the SWAT series where they are pretty much the same. It works sooo hilariously well.

I like the SWAT better but this is still a great feature. This new installment was excellent, nice work guys!

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

vandelay industries posted:

Dr. Thorpe and Zach aren't the same, per se, they just compliment each other well. As do Zach and Steve, but in a different way.

Dr. Thorpe and Steve would probably consist of Dr. Thorpe trying to kill Steve.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008
My favorite quote was from their description of the Gambado:

Zack: It says it moves around by jumping like a spring. I can only assume it makes a really screechy BLAAAAAAA! noise while it's doing it to complete my image of an annoying amusement park ride come to life.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

CommaToes posted:

Dr. Thorpe and Zach aren't the same, per se, they just compliment each other well. As do Zach and Steve, but in a different way.

Dr. Thorpe and Steve would probably consist of Dr. Thorpe trying to kill Steve.

Yah, that's what I pretty much meant. WTF DnD is just a very refreshing exchange of comments.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What's up with the grey highlighting in the descriptions? I've never seen one of these books and it seems totally random.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What's up with the grey highlighting in the descriptions? I've never seen one of these books and it seems totally random.

That's Zack and Steve's doing; it's not actually like that in the books. It's to add emphasis and draw the eye to the parts that aren't greyed out (which is usually made fun of in the discussion below the picture.)

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

John Dyne posted:

That's Zack and Steve's doing; it's not actually like that in the books. It's to add emphasis and draw the eye to the parts that aren't greyed out (which is usually made fun of in the discussion below the picture.)

Well, for me anyway, it does just the opposite; draws the eye to the highlighted (greyed-out) parts.

Which of course makes the highlighting seem arbitrary and random.

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

These are the first complaints I've seen about the highlighting, but I'll try to make it clear what is highlighted in future installments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

elpintogrande posted:

These are the first complaints I've seen about the highlighting, but I'll try to make it clear what is highlighted in future installments.

I wasn't complaining, it just didn't make any sense if it were just a direct scan.

• Locked thread