Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Bipedal Octopus posted:

oh no, poor Deatharm :ohdear:

So when you die in DnD, that is it? You just have to scrap the character you have been working on? god drat that is harsh. What if your character dies while playing with one group of people, can you use that character if you play with a different group? Or will that ruin your DnD cred?

DnD culture fascinates me, keep up the good work Zack and Steve!

I know that in 3.5, there are spells that can bring you back from the dead (usually at some amount of XP cost to you and the caster), but they're very high-level and have a lot of prerequisites. And some DMs just ban those spells, as they feel it diminishes the stakes. So, in a lot of cases, dead is indeed dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
So, Rifts: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/wtf-dnd-rifts.php?page=1

I had never heard of Rifts before today, but just from this article, it sounds like what you'd get if you took a group of 13-year-old nerds, put them in a room with the annual cocaine output of Bolivia, and told them to come up with a game.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

davidspackage posted:

In figurative money, I'd say absolutely yes.

If, for instance, you could attach a monetary value to dignity.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Elmo Oxygen posted:

What's on the CD?

As I understand it, a truncated version of the 1,000 page monster, and a little DOS character creation program.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

Wasn't he a hero, and didn't he get bitten in one of the Marvel Zombies series'?

Yes, and yes.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Wait, the black Bucky is illiterate? What the hell, Marvel?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

"While my guitar violently pukes." Sublime.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

That horned-eel-tentacle-fish monster is trying way too hard.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

gently caress you, Vampire: The Masquerade.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

"It's ball sacks all the way down." I will never forget that.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I wanna know what killed all those unicorns and fairies. :ohdear:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I wonder if the Romans had to put up with poo poo like this when their empire was on the wane.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

This summer, the holocube comedy of the millenium: Weekend at Yadda's.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I cannot wait to see Steve's Rifts party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

So this happened: http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/09/wtf-dd-ravenloft/

• Locked thread