Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Tomb of Horrors actually got a update to 3.5 which you can get here, goofy art and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

I Love You! posted:

It's actually almost possible to survive that version, though, which is ridiculous

Yeah, it's not quite as good as the old version.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
From the d20srd

Black Puddings posted:

Acid (Ex)

The creature secretes a digestive acid that dissolves organic material and metal quickly, but does not affect stone. Any melee hit or constrict attack deals acid damage, and the opponent’s armor and clothing dissolve and become useless immediately unless they succeed on DC 21 Reflex saves. A metal or wooden weapon that strikes a black pudding also dissolves immediately unless it succeeds on a DC 21 Reflex save. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

The pudding’s acidic touch deals 21 points of damage per round to wooden or metal objects, but the ooze must remain in contact with the object for 1 full round to deal this damage.

The Babau, a type of demon, has something even worse. You can avoid getting your poo poo wrecked by a black pudding by not getting hit or keeping your distance (they are pretty slow). The babau destroys your stuff when YOU hit IT.

Babau posted:

Protective Slime (Su)

A slimy red jelly coats the babau’s skin. Any weapon that touches it takes 1d8 points of acid damage from the corrosive goo, and the weapon’s hardness does not reduce this damage. A magic weapon may attempt a DC 18 Reflex save to avoid taking this damage. A creature who strikes the babau with an unarmed attack, unarmed strike, touch spell, or natural weapon takes this damage as well but can negate the damage with a DC 18 Reflex save. The save DCs are Constitution-based.

Piell fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 31, 2009

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

CommissarMega posted:

ACtually, I've given it a read and... it's surprisingly fun, though you'd have to be into anime to have a full appreciation of the in-jokes, of course. System's also quite simple, and I daresay it's a good way to pass a boring evening (in before innuendo). One of these days, I might just run a PbP game in the TG forums.

That said, I'm sure it'd be considered Something Awful (oooh, aren't I witty?) by a majority of the world, hence my suggestion that it be included for the next WTF, DnD?

Several games of Maid have actually been run by TGers over Skype. There are recordings floating around somewhere.

• Locked thread