Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I absolutely loved this article! I grew up on D&D, so I was really excited to see an article that drew on some of the stuff I remember seeing in my Dad's books. I agree with some of the other posters, too - the confused outsider of Zack was the perfect foil to Steve's fantasy-inoculated gamer. I also loved the smoking crab video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Jip_Bip_Jo posted:

Back in high school I played a lot of AD&D 2nd edition with bits of older books mixed in, so this was a nice little nostalgic look at how loving ridiculous some of it got. The best part is that even when they hired actual artists, it still came off as ridiculous and goofy, albeit in a different way.

"Well, the layout is looking pretty good, but I just cant get the faces right... Mom, Dad, Jimmy, could you come model for me? Thanks, that's perfect!"

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Karl Rove posted:

I almost wish our DM would work these into our 4th Edition game somehow, so I can finally say "What the loving gently caress?" in character.

It seems like the whole world would easily turn into "Adventures in Mathland" with some modification.

...which REEEEALLY makes me want to write a campaign with them. :v:

• Locked thread