Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
I'd make a joke about everyone knowing what Magic is, but I think you're luring me in to some kind of trap...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
Hey, I was going through the WTF, D&D section and I noticed that the FATAL review (which was really a non-review, but whatever) wasn't in the table of contents.

If you are new to the feature, check it out, it's terrifying!

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/fatal-worst-rpg.php

TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
Anytime they do a Palladium game I feel like there should a contest to randomly generate some horror using the insane tables that Palladium relies on. Even figuring out what animal you'd be using the TMNT tables is a weird kind of fun (I think I was a mutant Hippo once, and then in the game I rolled a Pigeon!)

TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/deadlands-weird-west/

As a big Deadlands player back in the the day I was pretty happy to see this article! Are you guys going to do one about the Wasted West, the post-apocalyptic version of Deadlands, where even everything gets back to being western style, but with hover-cycles and stuff?

Also, while the [random setting]+zombies certainly marks Deadlands as a 90s rpg, the final nail in its coffin as such is that all the rulebooks use colloquial slang in the actual rules section. Be prepared to be called "partner" while being told how initiative works!

TheBigC
Jan 22, 2007
I gotta say also, I'm really surprised you didn't put in the picture from the main rulebook that has an undead Lincoln bursting forth from his grave, because that is is a VERY Deadlands image :D

• Locked thread