Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/wtf-warhammer-40k.php

I never did get into 40K. I did invest in another money sink: Magic.

I expect a future installment based on that. I don't play anymore but I did read a little about the latest core set. "Exile" and "the battlefield?" Lame.

Oh, and I enjoyed the article, of course. First one I read in this series and I'll be ready for future updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

As someone who never reads this article (though thanks to this one I'm thinking I should), something about terrible art in Vampire drew me into this edition. It was all good until I came across that last picture.

:barf: No commentary alive can soften the blow on that one, not even commentary as good as yours. Holy hell.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Oh, and Steve? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but can't you only have four of a card in a deck? Except mono artifacts, but they discontinued those in *shoots self*
Back in the Alpha days, there were no card limits for your deck, so you could have all the Chaos Orbs, Ancestral Recalls, and Plague Rats you wanted.

I think you're the first people to mention that Prodigal Sorcerer looks like a fantasy/sci-fi character other than Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That's why he's nicknamed Tim. :eng101:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

I quit when they introduced multi-color heroes.
An early purist, I see. Not a block goes by these days without players saying that Wizards is screwing up Magic with some fancy gimmick. I remember when they introduced morph as a mechanic in Onslaught block and people said that the game was turning into Yu-Gi-Oh. Then two blocks later (Kamigawa) that same complaint was hurled at them, only instead of face-down creatures it was over the Japanese flavor, god creatures, and horrible card names (Azusa, Lost But Seeking and That Which Was Taken come to mind). Also because Kamigawa block was rear end.

I still have a soft spot in my heart for Magic, even though I haven't played it since high school. I could never do constructed again because you'll spend well more than $150 for your mana base alone, but I'd be good with drafting. Unfortunately they closed Neutral Ground, a well-known New York card shop, a couple of years ago.

Edit: I also want to hear the wife swap story :munch:

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 3, 2011

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That was anti-climactic.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/magic-antiquities-arabian.php

Candelabra of Tawnos definitely has lazy artwork, but it fetches lots of money. Not as much as this card, though (which also has bad artwork):

And you should have commented on Sage of Lat-Nam.

(That's a lot of text to say "Tap, Sacrifice an artifact: Draw a card.")

Are you going to do Legends in the near future? That was the first expansion that Phil Foglio did art for.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I don't think I can excuse anybody playing this game at all.

Would you say this is worse than F.A.T.A.L., which you guys refuse to review?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This is the most hosed-up thing Zach has reviewed for the segment.

• Locked thread