Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Best exchange:

Steve: Canada and Quebec.

Zack: They did a source book on Canada and Quebec?

Steve: No. They did a source book on Canada and then they did a source book on Quebec.

Zack: My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
The original format was fine, so thanks people who have some kind of unfathomable disorder that made it confusing.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
A lot of though clearly went into the backstories.

"Let's make a character from Kentucky."
"What is Kentucky known for?"
"Horses and bourbon."
"How about a guy who eats horses and drinks sour mash?"
"Okay, next character. How about a guy..."

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
My favorite one in recent memory (ie, laughed more than usual). Good work.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Steve: They said he was born in Moscow.

Zack: Nooooo!

This cracked me up because it's usually Steve who goes nooooooooo!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I hope you guys do these for a long time, there's still plenty of great stuff out there and you could always come back to like Rifts or whatever. I kinda want to see Temple of Elemental Evil just because you mentioned it as being most requested along with two you've already done.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Liked all the "there's no way I'm reading all of that" stuff. I'm sure almost all of us were thinking the same thing.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Elmo Oxygen posted:

These newer WTF adventures have been funny and all, but I don't enjoy them nearly as much as making fun of hilarious fantasy art. Surely there's some more horrible Kevin Siembieda stuff to eviscerate?

I like them, but I hope they stick to variety and not just modules. Like if they did only those we never would've gotten the great Street Fighter, Rifts, etc stuff.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Steve posted:

Elves are like, that woman with the red hair that's basically a man, but at the same time she's sort of hot, but also scary.

I can say without hyperbole that is by far the best description of Tilda Swinton I've ever read.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Nice one, I love when you do Rifts.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
Never even heard of this one.

I love when Steve goes, "Noooooooo!" My favorite is when Zack said ninjas are still cool and Steve's like whew and then Zack's like "For an idiot who loves poo poo," and Steve's like "Nooooooo!"

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

that awful man posted:

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, steampunk is always funny. I'd like to see another update on this, maybe one that involves playing out a scenario. The party could consist of, say, an emotionless true atheist, a nonsexual flapper girl, a hard-living gambler, and a tough-as-nails photojournalist.

I think there's a video game about that, I saw it at Gamestop once but didn't have the $1.99 they were charging.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

DamnGlitch posted:

woah woah woah lemme get this straight. You traded magic cards for your friend wife. As in, he pimped out his wife for magic cards...?

Wow; I bet she was a real peach.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Miserable Maid posted:

Booooooo.

So basically you lost money for no real reason

Yep, sounds like he lost allegedly TWO THOUSAND dollars to go on what seems like a horrible, awkward date with no payoff while the guy got the valuable deck and some time away from his chick. Yikes. Goony as gently caress.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
'Zack: Only Palladium brings you game-critical and detailed information like sub-population statistics of bio-enhanced drug addicts in North America.'

Rifts in a nutshell.

Also, sweet, another "noooo!" joke, those get me every time for some reason, whether it's Zack or Steve.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
My favorite part was Steve pronouncing 'Nikkar' as 'Nikka,' Steve is so racially sensitive.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

elpintogrande posted:

Based on the response this is going to be the end of this series and we'll move onto something else.

Meaning the response has been poor? I like this series, especially since I've never played this game and it seems pretty fun, although most of the best characters are dead (Cecil, Karnov). At least Chang lives.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

elpintogrande posted:

Here is the other KKK pentagram dudes picture:

Grand Wizard H.R. Giger.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Some Moron posted:

I mean, I'm someone who thinks "goon" is a pejorative and "Something Awful" is an accurate descriptor. That any of those sites have anything positive to offer humanity is at the least highly suspect.

Still, I'm sure to you, those guys are the Yahtzee of RPGs or somesuch. To me they're half-clever amateurs and cutrate propagandists. And they're going out of their way to abuse something I love.

Now I beg your pardon as I return to my domicile to pleasure myself to the horrific raping of a twelve year old.

Oh, and congrats on the sick burn. It might shock someone of your considerable intelligence that we've never heard that one in the past fifteen years.

"Something I love." Jesus gently caress. I guess the work 'indefensible' is just something I dreamed.

neoboman fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I wish Robert Rodriguez would direct this.

• Locked thread