Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Portable Staplefrog posted:

At Something Awful, I expect something described as WTF to completely break my mind, and this did not, so I felt a little let down. Does this mean there's something wrong with the article or me?

You just wait until the Brain Mole finally makes an appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Zach and Steve descend into the Tomb of Horrors in this delightful new update.

I count myself lucky for not getting into tabletop gaming until well after this sort of crap had long since run its course. This is Gygax at his finest, folks.

One thing I always wondered about was why they named them demi-liches, though. Were they going for like a demi-god sort of thing without realizing it just meant half-lich?

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 20, 2009

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

This one was really incredible, guys. Well done.

Fake edit: Oh, right, don't they say to include a link to the article? WTF D&D finally meets Module S3.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

WUH-OH! WTF, ROBOBATTLETECH edition is here!

So guys, I couldn't quite tell if that last bit at the end was a joke or not, but seriously: don't do it. Please.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Hahaha, page six was the best. The quick back-and-forth jokes always do it for me.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Raven c.s. McCraken bids you to go see the latest WTF, DnD? to see the best that the World of Synnibarr has to offer.

Well? Get to it!

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 1, 2010

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Don't forget to include a link to the article, guys.

Edit: ...I will never be happy again.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 29, 2010

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Create dumb villains, the Marvel way.
If there really are three more of these books, are we looking at eight straight updates of one-shot Marvel villains for defunct heroes from the 60's that nobody really remembers? 'Cause I don't think I'd mind one bit. I think I actually recognize one or two of these guys, and I don't even read superhero comics.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I don't think it warrants a new thread, but in case you haven't checked the front page you all should know that there's a new art contest coming up.

:siren:AN EROTIC (yet tasteful) ART CONTEST:siren:

Check the link for details & prize info.

Wow, those wizards are really into this. They can't wait to see what you come up with.

VVVV Good point. For that matter, go check the stickied thread in GBS as well.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 27, 2010

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I know we're all coming down after the incredible edition of "WTF, DnD" that was last times art competition, and it seems like nothing will ever compare, but you really ought to look at this week's contributions. Lots of great lines this time around. Steve plays a pretty good bard for a first-timer.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Don't forget to include a link!

Also: crap, why the hell do I only notice my favorite front page updates like five minutes before I have to leave to somewhere.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The Triumphant Return of RIFTS. Come join Zack and Steve on their magical journey through one of earth's most exotic and undocumented regions: Canada.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

At long last, WTF, D&D!? returns... and with a new contest!?

Haha, holy cow, I heard that the fourth monster manual was full of lackluster ideas, but those were all just so awful. Oh look, another air elemental. With FISTS. My favorite was the deathdrinker, though. Just reclining, all saucy impertinence.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Just a reminder for folks who don't look at the front page or GBS much:

This year's D&D art contest has been announced!

Check out the thread for everyone's submissions, or to submit one of your own.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Read along as Steve and Zack delve into the scariest monsters D&D has to offer.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I love how utterly pointless each encounter is. A dining room with one black window spider, non-magical and non-giant. A quadret of gnomes that are slain for no reason. And the dumb selection of spells that nonetheless got used at every opportunity.

I also liked how Trebbelos got younger and younger at the game went on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's that time again!

Steve has another wonderful toolkit for today's busy DM. No time to come up with a fantastical magic treasure? Players tired of pawning off yet another boring nameless +2 longsword?

No worries, with just one click Steve's toolkit will generate an incredible and unique item that's sure to please even the most lore-hungry bard!

Edit: it could use some tweaking, though. I rolled up that folk-art tower shield like five times and now the whole party has them.

• Locked thread