Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Gynovore posted:

Just wonderin', had anyone ever sat down and tried to actually run a game of HoL? How did it work out?

We did! We even had a custom character for the ~girl~ in our group. She was playing Ripley, who had a nuts score. Our Holmeister also came into the room with his shirt open and the letters HM and a lightning bolt scrawled across his chest in edible body oil.

Mostly it was just strange little vignettes. We went off in search of treasure at the behest of a man holding an electric cucumber (vibrator), paid Cap'n Highliner in the use of one of Brother Studbasket's altar boys ("Are any of you named Billy?") and then just kind of faded out because we'd prepared a big batch of Church 'N' Munch Orange (One packet orange Kool-Aid to one litre water, add sugar until saturated) and the sugar crash wiped us out.

Younger friends, still in high school, apparently had rules arguments about HoL. Which... well, poo poo. The whole thing's a big, shouty joke at the expense of gaming as a pastime. Arguing about it in earnest just makes it funnier.

HoL was silly. HoL was tasteless. HoL had Sodomy Bikers, a setting where there were no female PCs (because women were too drat smart to go anywhere near the Landfill), and a PC who was strongly implied to be a child molester, but they drew the line way before drawing Brother Studbasket balls-deep in a goddamn twelve year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The truth is out there.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I like how the all-white Secret Service agents can't tell the difference between Left Eye and Janet Jackson. Nasty, boys.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn it. I haven't opened RIFTS South America in probably ten years, and I still recognized the Ewaipanoma at a glance. I could have been using those brain cells for important things!

I hope one of them uses a Zembahk in their party. Or a Flooper.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I only read it for the co--oh my god, you're right.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I'm certain that number 9 was the cover of an old Psygnosis game, but I can't remember what the title would have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, Otherverse America! We had some real fun rubbernecking at that stupid, stupid thing in one of the prior FATAL and Friends threads.

I think that's the Giant Celestial Dong in the background of that pic on page 4.

• Locked thread