Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Trad Games hit Maid in the Obscure and Mockable thread several months ago, nice to see it get front page treatment by another bunch of guys.

Trad Games ultimately arrived at a similar conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

I don't think I can excuse anybody playing this game at all.

Would you say this is worse than F.A.T.A.L., which you guys refuse to review?

FATAL is the absolute bottom of the barrel, though you can check out a pretty decent review of it here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

John Dyne posted:

I'd like to think there's a difference in these guys playing it once in a 'ha ha this game looks WEIRD let's try it' kinda way versus having an on-going campaign.

Or LARPing. <:mad:>

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

thurdl01 posted:

Heaven help me, I'm actually considering a short-run campaign that starts with the first level characters being eaten by something similar to the Gibborim and working their way through the creature ahead of facing the final boss, its heart.

Find the old Tom Wham game Snits Revenge, Steve Jackson republished it a few years ago. It's pretty much this in board game form.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

As someone who is at least passingly familiar with most major RPGs, I think its odd that I've never seen TORG before. I would think that I would have seen at least a volume of it on he shelves of a Goodwill somewhere. Was this a regional thing?

No, it was nationwide. West End chose to focus on promoting Star Wars and Paranoia to the exclusion of anything else they ever did.

In the Fatal And Friends 2 thread in Traditional Games someone is going through the TORG books, come by and check it out:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3541453

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They straight refused to stat him, "once something has stats it can be killed, Stone can do whatever you need him to do"

What if I need him to die? :colbert:

• Locked thread