Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A new WTF, D&D? It's a Christmas miracle!

I think the arrows on Constitution's costume may be pointing to his diaper. That costume goes all the way from his forehead to his ankles, it would be a pain in the rear end to get half undressed every time he needs to take a leak. I admire his foresight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I was pleased that they didn't try to make the X-babies "sexy". :unsmith: Then I realized that I'm setting the bar pretty low these days.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RandolphCarter posted:

Chang the Celestial might be my favorite character. What a truly dark secret.

Chang is the best. The only one in the group with a bit of sense.

Now that Cecil has died underground, do the survivors "inherit" his swell mansion? Nobody else knows he is dead. Chang could probably take over and manage the place just fine for years. Tell any visitors that he is just a servant taking care of the place while Cecil is out of town.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

tripwood posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo you got wiped out, Zack. How the hell can you even succeed? What would happen if you just set fire to the house? Or if you just never entered it and just started demolishing it? How the gently caress are you expected to kill the God normally?

I've never played it, but my impression of Call of Cthulhu is that everyone goes crazy and/or dies. Just like Lovecraft's stories. If you are very lucky and not too curious you may escape relatively unscathed like Chang and Sharon. But you won't win against the elder gods and various other uncanny things man was never supposed to know about.

Basically, in the CoC universe if you suspect something strange is going on, your best bet is to invite random people to investigate the mystery for you. If they do not succeed within a few days of starting the investigation, then you should sell everything you own and move to another state.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Costumes? Delivery? What are you all talking about?

The latest Fashion Swat. For some reason it's being discussed in this thread. :iiam:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

davidspackage posted:

There's something especially weird and hosed up about this sort of thing because it necessitates that the perverted shameful pedo it's aimed at, socializes with other pervert pedos in enjoyment of their pedolity. Jesus. what kind of state must your life be in when that seems okay?

I doubt anyone actually plays it. People just read the book and roll up characters to jack off over.

Plutonis posted:

Ehhh, it actually really depends on how you play it to be honest. It has a shitload of creepy potential due to :japan:, but it's one of the best tabletops to play while obscenely drunk with friends as how things devolve into bizarre comedy. Of course, that's sort of a personal shame of mine, since it was literally one of the first RPGs i have ever played online...

Ahh! :stare:

Ratoslov posted:

I actually unironically like the stupid maid hijinks and random tables everywhere for everything parts of Maid, but the work necessary to remove the thin layer of creepy sleaze from it was way more than it would be to, say, write my own stupid maid hijinks game from scratch.

Aaaaahhhhh! :gonk:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MykonosFan posted:

I only got two correct. I don't think I trusted myself enough, plus Gulvoorg sounded enough like some lovely name some dudes would come up with and put on the internet.

:smith:

That is actually kind of amazing. If you'd just picked at random you'd have gotten 15. You're like reverse psychic or something.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kobolds are now infinitely more disturbing. :stare:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

thurdl01 posted:

Heaven help me, I'm actually considering a short-run campaign that starts with the first level characters being eaten by something similar to the Gibborim and working their way through the creature ahead of facing the final boss, its heart.

If it dies the demiplane collapses and its contents are forever lost.

"Good work, you destroyed the heart! As you high-five the ground starts to shake, the walls fall in, and the demiplane collapses around you. You are nothing. Whoops, guess you should have just waited for rescue."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Quarex posted:

and if you fail a second time, you get absorbed into the local reality, instantly going from a sentient primitive gopher-man to a Cyber-Priest (personal example).

But other than those two rules (the latter only being bad because your character is supposed to become unplayable if you get "absorbed" twice), TORG is an amazing system, and holds up as well as any other random retro system.

Wait, what do all the other cyber-priests think of a new cyber-priest suddenly existing? A gopher-man obviously doesn't belong, but a new thing-what-makes-sense-in-this-reality but has no connection to the reality doesn't belong either. "Who is this guy? I didn't go to cyber-seminary with him."

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I can almost see where they were coming from. These are the bad guys. These are the worst guys. In a dark world full of monsters, these are the guys that make the other monsters go "woah, that's hosed up". They are doing things much worse than merely eating people. So the writers wrack their brains imagining the very worst things they can think up. Then they start writing rules for making them player characters. No. Just no. The worst things can only exist as antagonists to be destroyed, and even then the exact nature of their horribleness should be left vague.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Good job saving the world guys. Thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BiggerJ posted:

If they just need someone to pay them then they should do one of those fancy Patreons.

Yes. Patreon to play old P&P RPGs all day everyday until one of them snaps.

• Locked thread