Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

elpintogrande posted:

Huh, that's weird that it isn't in the list. Let me try to figure out what's going on with that.

Do you think that your Book of Erotic Fantasy review could be added to the WTF D&D section, even though it's actually front page news? On a somewhat related note, the first few Fashion SWAT articles were also front page news, and are therefore not on the Fashion SWAT index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
My favorite exchange:

quote:

Zack: I don't know about fangs, but you can bet if I had the power to imbue life to piles of objects I would be figuring out ways to hump it.

Steve: And that is why the age of magic is at an end.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Just a reminder for folks who don't look at the front page or GBS much:

But do look at a GBS subforum about the front page? :v:

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Those hooded guys are still a lot freakier than the tentacle mouth beast. I really have to echo Steve's sentiment that the relatively mundane things in the pictures are far more disturbing than the supernatural stuff.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I really liked all the connected ones, particularly the ones about the giant toads. I also got a kick out of this one:

quote:

The party discovers a strange portal to a wondrous realm exactly like Star Wars with some names changed around. However, it is only after they pass through the cursed, one-way portal that they realize it is the prequel era and the only adventure they can have involves maneuvering in the galactic senate to gain the votes needed for trade sanctions.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
New Article: Epic Level monsters.
This wole thing was pretty amazing. 260,000+ HD monsters, you say? I think my favorite was that space dragon at the end that was so infused with inter-dimensional cosmic powers that it didn't even really look like anything.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
For some size comparisons, Mt. Everest's peak is a little under 5.5 miles above sea level, and the deepest part of the Mariana Trench is 6.85 miles below sea level. Earth's atmosphere extends about 75 miles from the surface.

Also, I know it was discussed at some length in the article, but I just can't get over how utterly horrible and unreadable that title font is. Especially those capitals that contain their lowercase versions. What the hell is that font and who made it? :stonk:

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Gynovore posted:

This isn't anything new, really. Anyone remember Deities and Demigods, back in the '80s? They basically turned entire pantheons of gods into high level monsters.

That was actually covered in a very early edition of WTF D&D.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
"Cyberpapacy" is right now my favorite compound word of all time. It's just so perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
It's over a week old at this point, but they did an article about the 3rd Edition Monster Manual V:
http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/11/wtf-dd-monster-manual-v-3e/

• Locked thread