Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

NorgLyle posted:

Why on earth would it benefit from being 'maid hijinks'? I can understand the appeal of the giant wacky tables full of ridiculous plot complications and goofball character traits but it seems like the game doesn't really gain any benefit from being about maids. Maybe it's the people I'm friends with but I don't think most of us have really the level of familiarity with whatever weird-rear end anime and manga that this is supposed to be... referencing? parodying? simulating?

And honestly, if you want giant wacky tables of character traits without the ever-present pedophilia, just play HoL. At least there you can play a grizzled space pirate with an artificial heart carved from a pinochio who cries himself to sleep every night because dad missed his little league games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea if you thought Deadlands was insane you guys have to go into the insane post apocalypse sub-game. Even just on art there's gold there, but if you wanna talk stupid rear end settings in general it's got so many insane chunks of fluff that involve things like an evil indian shaman summoning the four horsemen of the Apocalypse because his girlfriend got killed or something.

Hell on Earth got rough since it's pretty much when Deadlands hit the Family Guy level of constant references of things. "Alright, Denver is controlled by Skynet and if the player's want to travel to Los Vegas to fight the Master from Fallout they need to contact Raul Duke and our psychics will literally be based on a Blue Oyster Cult song." And that doesn't even begin to talk about how Pinnacle could teach White Wolf a thing or two about "on-rails" adventures.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Just devote an entire couple pages to Stone and how loving bullshit everything about him was.

Oh god that, the only time I've ever seen "This character is super important, don't let your players kill him under any circumstances" show up in an rpg.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Suicide Sam E. posted:

That's like asking to have him killed.

They straight refused to stat him, "once something has stats it can be killed, Stone can do whatever you need him to do"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
God that made me remember the page in the last Hell on Earth adventure, Trinity. After Stone has served his purpose there's an inset panel about how he's totally kill able now and it's suggested to do so, so that the players can have a win while they're railroaded from one uninterruptible plot point to the next.

• Locked thread