Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So WTF, DnD finally came around to Kult.
http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/kult-skeleton-horror/1/

I have the source book on my book shelf, and I can say that the 11 pictures featured here is just a small part of how bizarre Kult is.
The setting is basically that humanity are in reality immortal gods that have been chained behind an illusion, that now have started cracking and humanity is slipping free. Meanwhile our tormentors try to keep the illusion going.
There are no immortal alien gods or supernatural beings like Call of Cthulu or Vampire, instead everything has to do with human vices and weaknesses.

Some fun examples:
Leonardo da Vinci is featured as an immortal human that have freed himself from the illusion.
There is one adventure where Jim Morrison is actually Jesus, and where the players are the 4 apostles, and in the end Jesus/Jim is trying to free humanity by making the players sacrifice the pope, who in reality is a hidden tormentor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread