Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Zack and Steve mentioned the show "Collage Attack". So searching for "call of cobain" on YouTube turned up a two-part recording of the show. It turns out the "Collage Attack" show has its own theme song.

I must own a copy of this song.

Any goons know where it is available or who performs it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Onomarchus posted:

"Safety Scissors"
(Theme from Collage Attack!)

Music by Tod Pronto
Written by Kevin Paquet
Performed by Tod Pronto

Thanks!

Apparently the song was commissioned and is not available for sale. :(

http://www.todpronto.com/

I would buy it if I could.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh god that, the only time I've ever seen "This character is super important, don't let your players kill him under any circumstances" show up in an rpg.

That's like asking to have him killed.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They straight refused to stat him, "once something has stats it can be killed, Stone can do whatever you need him to do"

Yeah, I call BS. First edition gave stats for the gods. This was later retconned into "those stats were for the deities' avatars" or something like that.

If my players want to kill, all they have to do is roll well enough and live long enough to finish the job. I had a PC try to kill the mayor for his refusal to let the PC open a brothel. The attack didn't succeed, but I didn't pretend it was an impossibility.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you think we're joking, we're not, the book literally said 'we're not gonna stat him until the last book of our lovely metaplot to keep players from killing him' and explicitly told you to, if your players committed the mortal sin of wanting to have fun and kill a really tough guy, straight up sit them down and explain that they're not allowed to kill Stone.

The first time, day one, of being a dungeon master my players taught me that nothing shortens the life of an NPC like you showing it favoritism.

Later on my PCs learned that hiring people and leaving their corpses in a dungeon or sewer makes the rest of the townspeople mighty suspicious. Also, they learned not to punch torch boys in the crotch with a spiked gauntlet and ridiculous strength bonuses.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

RevSyd posted:

I was expecting the article to be them creating the most useless and ridiculous Rifts player characters, not finding published ones. Which had me worried about how they were going to get illustrations, because they wouldn't have several pages of gameplay with which to paint a mental picture of their characters like they usually do.

This means that they could still possibly do that in a future article, which would be a great opportunity to make an art thread to solicit portraits of their ridiculous characters. If that clicks then it could be spun off into a series, the standard "running an absolute wreck of a party through some bizarre adventure module" we all know and love.

I really want them to do a Gamma World module. Or anything, really. Zack would lose his drat mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Last night I read an old D&D module. I commented humorously on the artwork and creature descriptions. I commented aloud to myself.

Just wasn't the same, though.

• Locked thread