Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
The DMT and salvia potion was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

glowing-fish posted:

Out of everything ridiculous and overdone in that book, the one that stuck out for me was the table on hiding by size range.

At Mega-Fine size, or between 48 and 96 miles tall, the creature gets a -64 modifier to its hide skill.

Now part of this might just be that I don't know the mechanics of the game (maybe that -64 is on some type of exponential scale?), but it might just be easier to say that once something gets to 75 miles tall, or even 10 miles tall, that it is not going to be hiding at all. But the chart follows the mathematical progression even when it stops making any sense.

It's an extension of the way they meticulously list every stat for each monster, yes it doesn't make sense, but it's there because spergs and rules lawyers need it to be expressly put out there to settle stupid arguments.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Improbable Lobster posted:

What I'm wondering is how any possible world could survive more than a single bullshit tornado-man attack.

Just get a bunch of electricity resist gear and buffs and make sure your tank has a few thousand hit points. Get your Cleric to snag the Planar Turning feat to get rid of the elemental swarm crap and just kill it in three rounds so you don't get the thunder worm. Easy poo poo.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

tripwood posted:

Luckily the DM seems to be protecting Steve because he'd already be dead at Jabba's. You have to let your players kill themselves if they want to, man.

Clearly Zack is a railroading filthy storygamer DM who should be strung up by his toenails so a REAL DM can step in and intantly kill Steve's character with his 50th level mary sue from his other campaign.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Drink Cheerwine posted:

these are funny but christ, i've read like 4 and i am already sick to death of clicking through a dozen pages with like 200 words on them.

i know some websites do this annoying poo poo bc of advertising, but wtf is going on here? can a nigga get a display as a single page option?

Try posting that here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=188

That's the comments and suggestions forum, I'm sure they'll take your request very seriously.

• Locked thread