Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
I have to say, Steve is starting to sound a little like Karl Pilkington in these two articles, what with his absolute belief in every story he reads somewhere on the internet.

Which is fine with me since Karl Pilkington never fails to crack me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

those toys could not possibly cost 5 million dollars, right?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

elpintogrande posted:

They picked by far the filthiest installment of WTF, D&D to promote on the official D&D twitter.

I once wrote a thing making fun of some crappy free MMO, and the company contacted me to ask if they could edit out everything implying that the game might not be very good and then use it as advertising copy.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

shock headed penor posted:

FATAL depicts sex in its most unappealing form, rpg stat tables.

the stat tables were definitely what the problem was, ruining my entire enjoyment of fingering a baby's anus.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

This girl I knew in high school moved into the apartment building I was living in, and later married this guy who the Steve character really reminds me of, but he had dark brown hair in an exquisite mullet. She approached me to teach her how to play Magic, and when I met him he was extremely envious of my deck. One time over a game of X-Com or something I jokingly told him I'd trade it for a night with his wife (this was back around when that dumb movie with Redford and Demi Moore in it made that topical). He took me up on it, and I lost a deck that I could have got a couple of grand for if I took my time selling it. Then the wife and I went to The City, hung out at the cheesy goth club, and then crashed at one of my co-worker's apartment.

Basically made things a bit awkward and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to give up the deck to get the same results, but it makes a good story so it wasn't a total waste of cards.

I'm unclear. Did you actually trade a magic card deck for someone's wife and then end up not sleeping with her?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

I think EPG did a solo walk-through a while back, but it would be enjoyable to see him and Steve play off of each other with it.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/role-playing-corner-2.php

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

BiggerJ posted:

I had an idea in the shower, and as a result, I shall now write a brief but no less real work of WTF DnD fanfiction about Session 3:

Steve: Okay, I know you're not looking for to me controlling two of my own creations in your party. I know you don't think I 'take things seriously' or 'display typical human intelligence'. But I've thought these guys through. Like this guy. A foreign painter who, unhappy with his performance ever since graduating from art school, and thinking that he has the potential something greater, seeks supernatural phenomena to serve as inspiration.

Zack: Not terrible, but... you do realize you're ripping off Pickman's Model, right? Is this as good as it gets from you?

Steve: His name is Adolf Hitler.

Zack: ...Remind me never to complain to you again.

Steve: I do. But it never works.

Yeah maybe leave the writing of funny things to steve and zack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Page 10 made me say "what the gently caress" out loud when it loaded. Thanks.

• Locked thread