Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Frolixo posted:

I had this really harsh DM that used impossible traps and would punish you if you didn't take swimming and rope use as starting skills. I once lost 5 characters in one night. It was the worst night of my life besides 9/11.

frolixo we miss you please come back for one more update :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I have to say, I'm diggin' this thing's gigantic Obama belt buckle:

I almost wish our DM would work these into our 4th Edition game somehow, so I can finally say "What the loving gently caress?" in character.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

curlingiron posted:

It seems like the whole world would easily turn into "Adventures in Mathland" with some modification.

...which REEEEALLY makes me want to write a campaign with them. :v:

That would be awesome, actually. They'd dance around happily and try to teach you about algebra and shapes, while the party just becomes increasingly irritable until it just erupts into violence.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

I have to say I enjoyed your little Battletech banter there at the end (nobody fucks wit da Hunchback).

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

You guys should seriously do an article on the old Spelljammer setting, it would be a good laugh

(I love Spelljammer and I'm currently running a 4th Ed. game set in it, really it's awesome :ohdear: )

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

quote:

Dorkiest Mechs of 3025

holy god YES

To be fair though, they've been totally revamped and the artwork in the revised 3050 and Project Phoenix books make them much nicer looking now :kiddo:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Also, if you plan on doing any other Battletech books, for the love of god you MUST do the original 3055 Tech Readout. It has probably the worst artwork of the entire series, like painfully bad.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

I have to say that

quote:

Five Unloved Odd Bodies Dead in Farty Basement Following Marathon Hobgoblin Pogrom
is one of the funniest things I've heard all week, great job again!

Any chance of doing some of the material for Spelljammer? I can provide scans if necessary.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Ema Nymton posted:

My friend wanted me to play that. I always refused because even back then, before Twilight, I knew Vampires were dumb as hell.

I preferred Werewolf.
:goonsay:

Sigh :( I wish nWoD Werewolves weren't so stupid

Also, you could do an entire update on bad artwork from the Vampire: The Eternal Struggle CCG (which actually owns but the early artwork is horrid). Our play group informally refers to this card as "Shoot a hooker in church"

Karl Rove fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 19, 2010

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Mikan posted:

There's nothing around that's objectively worse than FATAL, but there are things that are bad in different ways. RAHOWA, Empire of Satanis, Wraeththu, Hell for Leather.

Oh Jesus, something like this was actually published :gonk:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

The Synnibarr article is one of my favorites, and I'm sad that Zack and Steve missed the author's somewhat grandiose autobiography in the back:

Truely, Raven c.s. McCracken is the king of kings.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Thanks for finally getting to Spelljammer. It's patently ridiculous and over the top, but that's what makes it the best setting, dammnit! Also glad to see that my SJ game wasn't the only one rife with Star Trek jokes.

"Uhh, captain, the Illithids have us in their ship's tentacles. Should I continue casting magic missile captain? As you wish captain, as you wish." *Takei laugh*

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Joke's on you, Zack, I just finished running a Vampire game this past Tuesday and we had a black player :smug: Deal with it.

Also jesus christ that last image, it is literally frightening.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

gently caress the 4e haters :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

quote:

Steve: Mostly I had to finish old video games I never got around to beating in real life. Like the Shadowrun game for Genesis and Crimson Skies and Crescent Hawks Revenge.
I'm starting to like Steve more and more with each update. As someone who's beaten both, you totally should.

• Locked thread