Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I'm looking forward to some saggy harpy tits in the next installment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

I really enjoyed both installments, but I think the second one is funnier with Steve getting involved in the ridicule.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Nice update as always, and I was pleasantly surprised to see you pulled most of the art out of Hackmaster this time around.

Then I was unpleasantly surprised by my ability to instantly recognize where D&D monster art comes from.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Let me just say that this guy was always the Walter Matthau wizard to me. Now though, I can't help but see Carl Sagan, and a small part of my childhood has been forever lost.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

I've never played it, but my impression of Call of Cthulhu is that everyone goes crazy and/or dies. Just like Lovecraft's stories. If you are very lucky and not too curious you may escape relatively unscathed like Chang and Sharon. But you won't win against the elder gods and various other uncanny things man was never supposed to know about.

Basically, in the CoC universe if you suspect something strange is going on, your best bet is to invite random people to investigate the mystery for you. If they do not succeed within a few days of starting the investigation, then you should sell everything you own and move to another state.

There's an old piece of 90s internet humor called 'The Ideal Call of Cthulhu Investigation' that operates off that theory:

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Role-Playing/Horror/Call%20of%20Cthulhu/Humor/Ideal%20Cthulhu%20Investigation/

• Locked thread