Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Great thread idea! I absolutely love that there's a push like this to get new people to experience this, one of the best shows in TV history, and one of my faves. I end up doing a full re-watch at least twice a year because of just how good every aspect is. The only part of the show I hate is the early two seasons of Julien's storyline. What's spoiled is relating to that. There's nothing more despicable than how he thinks of homosexuality and himself. It's actually infuriating to me, because I know just how much of that crap exists in real life, and Julien is otherwise an actually decent person. Ugh.

By the way, anyone who hasn't checked out Justified, I cannot recommend doing so strongly enough. EASILY the best TV series since The Shield, in my mind.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

bobkatt013 posted:

It shows how religon can destroy someones happiness. I also like the fact that they show how full of poo poo the pray the gay movement is. There is the moment when he is at the sperm bank and then in the last episode in which he looks at the gay couple.

Definitely. It's such a good exploration of that aspect of our culture that never gets touched upon, though-- the inner turmoil of someone who's been so indoctrinated into the garbage that is anti-gay religious intolerance that he even attempts to get the one suspect, at one point in S1, to kill him. That and how his wife initially responded to the revelation, with a 'but my boy looks up to you!' as if he's now an awful role model and parental figure. It's just so disgusting, but it's such a realistic depiction. This show was so damned great.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Conquistador posted:

Hahah this show is too funny.

Claudette: What was that all about? Dutch: He just asked me to be the company yes man jellyfish! I told him to shove it :smugbert: Sometimes you just have to take the moral highground. Someday you'll understand Sigh, the s4 finale at the end, when the gang is back together and they're all having a great time remembering their friends in the bar. So bittersweet if you've seen the series before

Hahahah. Ronnie gets smashed in the back of the head with a cross and exclaims "Who hit me?!" Vic: Jesus Christ?

That episode ends absolutely amazingly, too, just you wait.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

androo posted:

drat, that's actually a realistic way that his character arc could have gone in 1-2 more seasons and makes the whole thing super creepy.

Literally the only thing I thought when I read the story. Jesus, what a bizarre world.

• Locked thread