Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

doctor thodt posted:

Best cameo: Jimmy Johnson or Andre Benjamin?

gently caress you. Carl Weathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Remulak posted:

Bump because I'm in season 4 now. Except for a lul at the beginning of season 2 it's been terrific.

BUT they changed from film to video with this season, and the direction seems to be a lot more conventional. Anybody else notice this?

They didn't go from film to video, they went from 35mm in season 1 to 16mm in every subsequent season. It was pretty jarring for me, too. Also, the first season has a significantly warmer palette than all the others so when I watch the first, it's always a bit of a surprise.

Plus, by the fourth season, they pretty much have their style down and stick with it. It gets dirtier again later on, though. And seriously, you're in the area where the show gets so goddamn good it practically stops mattering.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Remulak posted:

Now only 20 minutes into season 5 and Holy poo poo it keeps getting better. To continue the film/video notes that interest nobody but me, I looked back at the start of 4. The first one was mostly video, but some film, and they cut in occasional video segments in the next few episodes but they were graded to look like film. There's also a video segment at the start of S5e1 when vic talks to the oval office ci that's jarring, it wasn't even graded to match the rest of the footage.

I actually went back to check it out and I honestly don't see it. The only thing I can think of is that you're mistaking them going into 30fps for when there are monitors in the scene for video.

I tried googleing and, comically, the most relevant thing I can find is another discussion just like this one on another forum.

• Locked thread