Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Leviathan posted:

Can someone tell me why at the end of season 1 Gilroy doesn't roll on Vic after Gilroy gets arrested?

He cut a deal with the DA in season two and tried to get Vic to incriminate himself. Vic didn't fall for it and was able to get over on Gilroy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

metachronos posted:

Finished season 5 Poor Lem :(

I think it's a testament to the writers of the show and the actors that even though Kavanaugh could be looked at as the good guy, I hate him with a passion and want nothing more than for him to die a slow, painful death.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch anything with forest whitaker in it without flying into a rage

In the season five DVDs Shawn Ryan said he was genuinely surprised that Kavanaugh was so disliked by the fans. If I remember correctly he figured 80 percent of the fans would be rooting for him and 20 percent would be rooting against him.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Competition posted:

This.

Especially as it's supposed to take part in the same world (SAM CROW are the ones who sell the one-niners their guns).

Seeing as both shows have Jay Karnes playing different characters I doubt it. I think the One Niner thing is just Kurt Sutter's nod to his days on The Shield, not an indication that they take place in the same universe. Though I will admit the idea of Vic facing off against Samcro is plenty bad rear end.

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 9, 2009

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

KilGrey posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished season 5. WHYYY!!! :cry: :cry:

gently caress this show, gently caress you Kurt Sutter, drat you all for doing this to me!

To be fair I think it was probably more Shawn Ryan than Sutter, but yeah I feel your pain.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

braden posted:

best line obviously is "He's gonna be found face down, in the shower, with a back full of shiv and an rear end full of cum."

That was originally going to be a Glenn Close line but she couldn't bring herself to say it, so they gave it to Walton Goggins instead.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Boyd's a leader, Shane's a follower. That's all you have to really understand about the two characters.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

The Warszawa posted:

Before theforced retirement subplot kicked in, I legitimately thought the series was going to end with Vic promoted to some deputy chief position, his crimes covered up, but extremely insulated from the street level. Basically like it did, but more cynical with regard to the LAPD.

I use to think they were going to go with the Al Capone route, Vic gets for a relatively minor crime, or for something they didn't do.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

I remember when the show was running everyone thought Ronnie was going to be who got away. That he was some badass Keyser Soze type who was really running the show. Well it turns out he was the biggest sucker in the entire series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Those poor kids. :(

• Locked thread