Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightI3ulb
Oct 28, 2006

Standard pleasure model.
I have an SVN that stores reports that can be of quite excessive size through use of a perl module. I've been tasked with trying to find a way to have the module be able to add a file to the svn if the file does not already exist.

The easy part is figuring out whether or not the file exists, I just do a checkout on the file and parse the results. The hard part is trying to add the file to the svn when it does not exist. I need to find a way to be able to retrieve the .svn/entries file for the directory without checking out the entire directory.

Is there any way to get the .svn/entries file on its own, or is there a way to add a file to the svn without the .svn/entries file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU