Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Itaipava
Jun 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

A guy ran an SVN Update on his project last night after committing a number of changes. The changed files came up as conflicted and are now marked as unversioned in the directory, having apparently reverted to how they were priot to him making changes, so he has to delete them and revert the folder, which results in him getting the files with his committed changes from the previous day. I've had several people run the same update script for a few weeks now, and this is the first time I've come across this.

I'm no guru, but could you elaborate on what this "update script" does more specifically? Usually, SVN won't (shouldn't) let you perform a commit if your working copy is out-of-date (to avoid repository conflicts on stuff that's been committed by other people), but you're telling us that he first committed and then updated, so it sounds like that wasn't the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itaipava
Jun 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

He made some changes, committed them and did a few more local changes before leaving once more and running another overnight update. He was the only one changing these files (pretty sure he was getting locks for everything) and when the update ran they were conflicted.

Since he had local, non-committted changes, is it possible that the script decided to update to a non-HEAD revision, one that was -before- his commit, for instance? I can't see how SVN would willingly take a file out of version control - does he still have his .mine conflict files?