Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000
Is Trac pretty much the best game around when it comes to source browsing & ticket management? I'm using Github for public stuff but for internal projects that have no need to be put out into the public I've been using SVN and thinking about Trac (although it's kind of :psyduck: to get working under FastCGI)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000
Okay I'm git-stupid and really stuck.

I'm working with a project that other people are doing work in their won git forks on. Someone has several branches they want me to merge back. The problem is some of the branches have work on files that are completely removed so 'git merge branch1 other-remote/branch2' won't work because files are modified in other-remote/branch2 that no longer exits in branch1. It's work that I can just reject, so is there a way to merge all the changes for files that exist and just reject stuff that references files that no longer exist?

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000
I simply didn't think about marking the file as removed on the working branch. Thanks, this git stuff is way too meta for me still.

NotShadowStar
Sep 20, 2000
Oh I've read piles of stuff on git. The man pages are the typical overly technical man page that already assumes you know everything, and the rest of it is just way different from svn. I'll get it eventually since I'm working more and more with github and have actual projects to do instead of abstract concepts.