Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Git for the Lazy

I found it to be a very easy to understand tutorial that gets you through the basics pretty fast, which is great for people who are just getting into the whole content management thing.

Also check out Redmine Despite it using Ruby on Rails, it has a great bug tracker and it integrates with git which is totally bitchin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

I recently got into a debate with a friend of git v. bzr.

I did some research, but can anyone tell me (other than an "easier" to use interface, as to why I would want to use bzr over git?

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

nbv4 posted:

codeswarm is different, similar but different to what I'm looking for.

You are looking for Gource I believe.
:)

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Janin posted:

In the version of Vim I used (7.2 from vim.org), the vim clipboard (yy/dd/p and friends) and Windows clipboard were separate -- eg, you could copy "foo" in vim, copy "bar" in notepad, and then paste "foo" in vim. It's quite possible that this behavior was due to a problem with my machine.

"POSIX only" was a poor choice of words, I should have chosen something like "POSIX native" instead. Basically, I wanted to convey the feeling of "this was obviously written for a different OS" that comes from features like :! working sorta-but-not-quite.

You can source a $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim file in 7.0 and up and get all the <C-c>, <C-s>, <C-x> key mappings and whatnot that most windows editors use. (IIRC this also works on non-windows machines as well)