Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I managed to disconnect my Git repository from the Eclipse project. What's the best way to reconnect the two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

spiritual bypass posted:

What does git status on the command line say?

I have no idea how to check that. How would I go about doing that? I've only really used the functionality that's accessible through the Eclipse GUI.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

smackfu posted:

I think he means type “git status” on the command line.

Ok, when I do that while in the folder it shows me a giant list of files that had changed between local and remote. In Eclipse however, it's not showing the push or pull options and the project title went from project-name(branch) to just project-name.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

nielsm posted:

At the very top of the git status, does it say what branch you're in? Or does it perhaps say "detached head"? Or maybe a merge or rebase in progress?

I still see the branch name, I was in the middle of a merge with a bunch of conflicts when I hit the disconnect option.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

StumblyWumbly posted:

It sounds like the Git part is fine, but Eclipse has set itself to ignore Git or forgot how to access git. Hope that tells you where to start looking.
The git info is all stored in .git which is in the project directory, there isn't much subtle going on there, and it sounds like .git is fine or the command line would be giving you issues.

I got Eclipse and Git talking again and most of the merging issues cleaned up. I 100% need to learn more about Git. Thanks everyone for your help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I was able to get Eclipse and GIT talking again, and backed out the merge. I then did the rebase I should have done in the first place. Everything is looking good, other than one jsp file that lost some changes, but it looks like I should be able to redo changes easily. Thanks everyone, I list find CVS easier to use, but I expect Git will become easier over time.