Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

aerique posted:

You seem quite insistent to rationalize why you should not invest time in Git. While you can just keep on using SVN if you want to.

I'm not going to go into a discussion about Hg vs Git, but both offer more features and vast improvements over SVN.

While Git's underlying structure is actually pretty simple I do agree the commandline tools are more confusing than they should be, but even that is improved on with every release.

I use git every day, but I see a lot of blanket statements in here like 'git is just better' and like all blanket statements those are false. git has a different feature set, not a better feature set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
iirc you can't have an empty directory in git so if you want to be able to clone a repo it can't be empty.