Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ahz
Jun 17, 2001
PUT MY CART BACK? I'M BETTER THAN THAT AND YOU! WHERE IS MY BUTLER?!
I've got a question for a specific use for version control. My company has a license for Clearcase and we do make use of it for source version control. My issue is that I am in charge of system documentation and would like to implement version control for the documentation as well (Word docs, models, and other varying binaries etc.)

My requirements are as follows:
Full developer access to the system documentation library
Audit trails
Full previous versions going back at least 10 versions
Production copies of all files published to a network share where non-deveopers who don't use or need any type of version control client/tool can get at the latest production version

Can clearcase handle this? Would it be more work to use our current license and add a repository or VOB or whatever and have to go through possible configuration/change management headaches than to perhaps go with some free cheap version control repository that's kept separate from clearcase?

My key requirements are most definitely the production version being automatically published to a network share and the audit trails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU