Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

sonic bed head posted:

Is there any way to prevent certain directories from being checked out by users in SVN? I can't find a hook that corresponds and I'm not using DAV but rather just svn+ssh.

It's in the configuration/authorization stuff for the repository. check /path/to/your/repos/conf (or /repos/config, I can't remember).

Of course, it depends on the authorization scheme you're using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

sonic bed head posted:

Which authorization schemes work? Can I still use svn+ssh? I would like to just keep using shell accounts rather than set something else up.

Honestly, I don't know if svn+ssh will work. My SVN repo is on a private LAN, so I just use svnserve directly.

It can be done using plain-old svnserve (and possibly also svn+ssh) with authz-db. Open up /path/to/your/repo/conf/svnserve.conf. Either it will have a commented-out line like
code:
# authz-db = authz
which you can just uncomment, or add one. The right side should be an authz-db file ("svnadmin create" should add an example for you in the conf directory). Edit it to your liking, it will let you restrict access by directory.

This is all just off the top of my head, so double-check with the on-line Subversion book.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
So then why are you going out of your way to not version local copies of versioned files?

What do you mean someone has an unversioned file "in the project"? In their own working copy?