Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

king_kilr posted:

Allegedly it scales better to super large repos. I can only assume companies have ridiculously large repos as we know something like Git must be able to handle at least the size of Linux or GNOME.

To be honest Linux and GNOME aren't that large. My company uses Perforce and the average depot size is in the 90-100GB range (ie: if you sync, you'll copy over 90GB of data to your local machine, repository size including revisions is well into the terabytes), mostly binary data, and Perforce handles it surprisingly well.

Like Ugg Boots said it's also pretty easy to use, and it's pretty easy to integrate into tools from an API point of view. If I recall it's also free for open source projects, and there are a few out there currently using it, like FreeBSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!
I haven't had any usability issues with msysgit at all on the command line. What kind of problems is it giving you?