Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

I'd definitely be up for it, I'm also terribly unfit though so if the teams are based on who we support I think Man U are hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it
If it was based on who you support Man U would have a bigger squad than anyone else. Just make it Scots against everyone and we'll bring our chibs

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

duggimon posted:

If it was based on who you support Man U would have a bigger squad than anyone else. Just make it Scots against everyone and we'll bring our chibs

Considering Russ and I played against the majority of the guys our age in the Scottish side right now I don't think we'd need chibs. Just a baseball bat with a nail through it, maybe.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'd (maybe) play, I am absolutely terrible though and haven't kicked a ball in anger in years.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

duggimon posted:

That would be class although I feel I might be a hazard to the cause, last time I played I felt like my lungs were bleeding

Put me in this same bracket. We can carpool (I don't drive). I'm definitely up for it.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Ya'll getting snapped.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm half Scottish and half English. Does that mean I could just watch until I know which team's better and join them?

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
I will stud the top of your feet

All of them

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Irn--Bru posted:

I'm half Scottish and half English. Does that mean I could just watch until I know which team's better and join them?

Your forums name is Irn--Bru. If you join the English William Wallace will probably kill you in your sleep.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Grievo posted:

Your forums name is Irn--Bru. If you join the English William Wallace will probably kill you in your sleep.

Good point, I forgot about Willys Ghost.

hehe.. willy

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I don't really know what the deal would be, but would it be an idea to pop a thread up in this sub-forum, or would it have to go to that goon meet up sub-forum where it'd get no attention?

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
It's best to do it here probably, it's a subforum rather than city specific thing. And like you said it'd mostly go un-noticed there.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
If this happens someone fat better take a video camera and put the whole thing on youtube.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
If this happens in London and someone needs a fullback, I'd be interested.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

Fat Turkey posted:

If this happens in London and someone needs a fullback, I'd be interested.

Shotgun right back in London. Normally I just kick the local kids down the park but kicking goons? Sign me the gently caress up.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Who would be on the Newcastle United Squad? Or should we make it for us, a northeast tthing just for us, so the rest of you can watch Pissflaps trying to piss off me, Bovine Delight, redscare and a few other newcastle fans with his unbearable yapping.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
So what'd be the best city for it? Manchester? Birmingham? London?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dibs on left winger since I'm right footed and slow, perfect fit

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I play defensive midfield or left wing. Right-footed, can deflect, head, guard and shoot from middle/long distance. Cannot accelerate for crap (which is how I got injured, I was trying to improve my sprint with plyometric charges) Also I only wear short sleeves and the number 15.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

RedPaddy posted:

So what'd be the best city for it? Manchester? Birmingham? London?

Birmingham is the most central, but a shithole. Manchester is too far north and is a shithole.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Bovine Delight posted:

Dibs on left winger since I'm right footed and slow, perfect fit

they'll never expect me to...cut inside :smug:

And London is a festering pit of cockneys, knives and chelsea tractors

If we do this by how not-poo poo a place is, we'll be here for a while

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
If I get enough notice I'd consider flying over..just need a job first.

Goalkeeper for me thanks.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Central defence up in here.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

RedPaddy posted:

they'll never expect me to...cut inside :smug:

I usually get stuck over on the left because i'm naturally left footed, but since i'm not fast enough to actually run past anyone and get a cross in I prefer to be the passing master in the center of the field. That and I can take free kicks like I've had 5 minutes to work out the trajectory.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Chuggo posted:

Central defence up in here.

Fullback/winger (but not wingback)

I could probably play anywhere that didn't involve having to defend against guys considerably taller than me

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

good I woke up early this morning to make sure nobody stole my left winger spot

if you do I'll smash your knees in

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Bovine Delight posted:

good I woke up early this morning to make sure nobody stole my left winger spot

if you do I'll smash your knees in

I'm a left winger. A drunken left winger. I also play as a Striker. A drunken striker.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it

Grievo posted:

I'm a left winger. A drunken left winger. I also play as a Striker. A drunken striker.

There's a theme here, I'm trying to put my finger on it...

I generally play as a right back or centre back, drunkenly when possible, which is always.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

The Saurus posted:

Birmingham is the most central, but a shithole. Manchester is too far north and is a shithole.

Leicester is pretty central. They have a Goal Soccer thingy on Wakerley Rd, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 4WJ‎.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I'm going to steal all of your poo poo.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
If this takes place in London, I'll consider attending. I'm a regular 5-a-side player but play every month or so for a Sunday league pub team as a right back.

Although I'd also do Leicester because it's my university city and I'm looking for a reason to go back.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
i'm defensive mid and a left/right back. but i'm alright in pace, not too fast but about average.

Bring it on!

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Would anyone consider middlesboro as a destination? half time parmos.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Why not just ask if you can hold it on the deck of the goon aircraft carrier? It's pretty close to goon island so easy for people to get to.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I know I might as well suggest Baghdad but Leeds is probably the best location in terms of being central in the UK for the Scottishers as well as having good transport links north/south/east/west.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Leeds is probably the best

Five words never before used together

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I'm jealous of y'all--I can only play three times a week out at the local Air Force base in a game of pick-up.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I play in a park league as striker, and discovered today that I am utterly poo poo at aiming my shots. Mostly because I don't know how to do much beyond booting it at the goal. So, what I ask of all of you, is how the gently caress do you aim a shot?

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.
Practice, simple as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Practice every day dead-ball situation. Practice every day run and shoot from the side.