Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Was thinking Barton actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Oh Em Gee posted:

Except of course, we are all really poo poo at football and I don't even think that lineup would win a game against Brandy's cousins.

im loving great

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Chuggo posted:

im loving great

I believe you

I'm not messing

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Craiglen posted:

I believe you

I'm not messing

:c00lbutt:

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
I want in on one of the wings though

Fed Express
Oct 5, 2005
Choo-choo
I'm starting to play again after something like a year away from regular play. I've got some pace so I like to stay to the wings, but I feel like I could work on it still. Would doing sprints a couple of times per week help out some?

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
I'm actually in the same boat you're in, any exercise is better than nothing, I've just been going for runs most mornings to build a bit of stamina

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
If you're gonna be on the wing you can't just have pace, what's your stamina like? Better to go for long runs than do sprints if you're thinking of playing properly, you wanna work on your stamina rather than pace.

Edit - I mentioned earlier in the thread using a small ball to work on your close control, and it's even more important in a position where you're expected to work the ball at speed.

chuggo is BACK fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 26, 2009

Fed Express
Oct 5, 2005
Choo-choo
Stamina's pretty alright. I've taken up smoking again (haha) so it's declined a little, but I still do some cardio twice a week, HIIT and weight lifting.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Im the perfect athletestriker I don't smoke and hardly drink beer. I'm just unfortunately prone to injuries.

hughsieblingwish
Sep 1, 2004

:love: Colly

Ka0 posted:

Im the perfect athletestriker I don't smoke and hardly drink beer. I'm just unfortunately prone to injuries.

I'm unbreakable, but i drink and smoke. Sometimes before the game, definitely afterwards. Having said that, I play twice a week and we have a training session so I'm pretty fit. It's just that games are on weekends and weekends are my drinking time.

I can play center back very comfortably because I'm big, quick and can read the play pretty well but I prefer to be in the hole up forward and taking the free kicks.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Bovine Delight posted:

I'll play centre mid and get a card every game. Resident hardman itt. :clint:

That's my job. I'm like a better version of Scott Parker...which isn't saying much.

SPACE TARDBOY
Dec 18, 2008

by angerbotSD
I play goalie for a pretty bad team in an adult league in LA. Last weekend i broke my thumb on a save somehow, and got a penalty kick called on me for it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hey fuckers I've been working all night and missed this and I want to be on the team :mad:

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles
My father was pretty good. He played pro in Poland and even played for the Polish U-18 squad.

I used to be really good and played for his team's youth team but then we moved to another country.

I right now play center-back for a lovely DIII school. I love playing right wingback but our center defenders aren't really too good. In high school I would play center-back, sweeper, defensive middie and striker depending on formations. I'm a bigger guy, not tall, but big. 5'11 200 lbs. I'm fast, have a powerful kick, good short, medium and long range passing, and good positioning. I have absolutely no touch, any finesse skills, and decent ball control. My heading is also nonexistant. I also tend to be an rear end in a top hat to the other team.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

smashed reagan posted:

I play goalie for a pretty bad team in an adult league in LA. Last weekend i broke my thumb on a save somehow, and got a penalty kick called on me for it.

Which league?

I played for a couple of good teams in the Torrance/PV area of Los Angeles. American fans would know Robbie Rogers(who's on our Gold Cup squad). I played with him for 2 years along with about 6 other US youth internationals. I made it to the Olympic Development, but got injured a week later. Then poo poo just passed me by.

I primarily played and outside back in a 3-5-2 system, so I never roamed the wings. I was bigger than most kids in that I was 6'0 and 220 and fast. I couldn't head a ball for poo poo though. Still can't. I was also liberally employed as the 2nd string goalkeeper. Wasn't too bad at it either. My only real claim to fame was that the only goal that I was responsible for in 3 years was an own goal that lost us the league.

edit: I also had the most cards for dissent in our league for 3 years running. I've no cards issued to me ever for foul play and I've never been sent off.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision

Irn--Bru posted:

Hey fuckers I've been working all night and missed this and I want to be on the team :mad:

You can be apart of our eternal rivals or something.

Like, the first team can be the Harlem Globetrotters, the second team (which you will be apart of) can be the Washington Generals.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Which league?

Know of anything in the San Fernando Valley? I'm moving back home from college and would love to have a steady game every week. I play pickup games in Santa Cruz every Sunday, but the city is small and full of white hippies. I'm afraid that moving back to LA will result in no soccer or soccer with skilled players.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
You can go piss up a rope if you think any of you fuckers are better keepers than me :colbert:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I am the best left back on the forums.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
And by that I mean left back in the dressing room.

My football career came to an abrupt halt after I broke a kids leg in a tackle and his dad punched me in the face.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I'm 2 meters tall and kinda strong (picture Peter Crouch without anorexia), and I'm a pretty decent finisher with both legs so I wanna be in on this. Preferably as striker, though I use to end up as a CB towards the end of games. I'm a terrible header though, but I've got okay pace despite being huge so I like to go out on the right wing also so I can do the one dribble I can actually pull of while running.

I also play dirty as gently caress, use arms a lot and people hate playing against me because I'm a terrible tacker and I just prefer running into them.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Ill be the technical director then. Thats where all the money is anyway.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren posted:

Know of anything in the San Fernando Valley? I'm moving back home from college and would love to have a steady game every week. I play pickup games in Santa Cruz every Sunday, but the city is small and full of white hippies. I'm afraid that moving back to LA will result in no soccer or soccer with skilled players.

I don't know of much in the Valley, but i ref for a men's league in the South Bay that has 2 open divisions which are pretty competitive. There are a lot of ex-college and a couple MLSers in there.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Vando posted:

You can go piss up a rope if you think any of you fuckers are better keepers than me :colbert:

Bring it bitch. A guy who played for Cork City told me I had potential when I was 8. Beat that!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

euroboy posted:

I'm 2 meters tall and kinda strong (picture Peter Crouch without anorexia), and I'm a pretty decent finisher with both legs so I wanna be in on this. Preferably as striker, though I use to end up as a CB towards the end of games. I'm a terrible header though, but I've got okay pace despite being huge so I like to go out on the right wing also so I can do the one dribble I can actually pull of while running.

I also play dirty as gently caress, use arms a lot and people hate playing against me because I'm a terrible tacker and I just prefer running into them.

Carsten Jancker found.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Karsten Jancker found.

With maybe a little Jan Koller, except for the heading part.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Chuggo posted:

playing in a six a side tournament next week, well excited

Won one a week ago :cool:

Reserve full back/winger/wherever I don't have to defend too much here

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
I just moved to the Vancouver area, so I'm not currently playing anywhere. I grew up playing center back and keeper, but at 5'8" you're not really going to play in those roles now. When I do play I prefer a defensive midfielder role, either that or right full back.

I'd like to think I'm a mini-Lorik Cana, but that's only because I really like Lorik Cana.

hughsieblingwish
Sep 1, 2004

:love: Colly

5-2 win last night after the worst first half in the history of indoor. It was like a game of U-12's out there, everyone was just chasing the ball around.

On the plus side, i got new boots. They're bright yellow, I'm such a sucker for the gaudy shoes.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
I couldn't bring myself to buy a pair of mercurials et al partly because of the expense and partly because unless you are very good you will look a complete wanker

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
*Shins the ball into touch wearing £120 of flourescent green slippers*

FFS GUYS GIVE ME OPTIONS

And gently caress T90s those things are a nightmare to take on\off, I'm not sure how not having tounges makes them better for football.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I still wear a pair of 2001 pumas and dont feel like a dork, gently caress those 300 quid or something adidas tunits. Even if I were a pro Id feel pretty ridiculous.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Good old Umbro Speciali boots. Can't go wrong.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I just wear Adidas Sambas. I'm overdue for some new ones, in fact.

:cool: goal this morning. Yeah, I tapped in a loose ball in the box :c00lbert:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

so I can be the vision
you guys suck. I'm good enough that I usually play my 5/6/7 a side games in Air Jordans.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Oh Em Gee posted:

you guys suck. I'm good enough that I usually play my 5/6/7 a side games in Air Jordans.

This in only impressive if they are the original Air Jordans, circa 1985.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Suqit posted:

This in only impressive if they are the original Air Jordans, circa 1985.

Somewhere a W&W regular is crying and he doesn't know why.

r-lam
Jul 12, 2005

JAROME, EETZ ME!
my indoor boots are red nike total90 zooms with neon green trim. they are ostentatious as gently caress and i score many goals with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnhappyEggWhisk
Oct 25, 2003

Samba all the way, indoors or out, but not the leather ones.