Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

FB marketplace is better in my experience. You get peoples real names and the messenger app being on their phone means they generally respond quickly and take the item down quickly when it’s sold

The most frustrating part of Craigslist is waiting for some boomer to check their email on their once a week email checking schedule on ye olde gateway 2000, only to reply to the email you wrote where you ask a bunch of very pertinent questions with

“Yep”

Then you need to wait another week for them to check their email again.

They do this on FB too, at least they do in Scotland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Steakandchips posted:

They do this on FB too, at least they do in Scotland.

“15:54 - Is this still available?”
15:55 - yes

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
I've had two people in the last two days messages me "can I come look it it today/tomorrow?" And then ghost when i say yes. FB is better than craigslist, but it is still the worst

Edit: sold!

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 16, 2021

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I don't know what it's like in Canada, I stopped using FB a while ago and never used FB Messanger. Craigslist was never big here, Kijiji is where it's at.

In other news, friend of mine is selling his CBR1000RR, if anyone is interested. Toronto/GTA area.

Bone stock, around 40k kms. Needs fork seals. Rash is from when a minivan backed into it. Mirror, footpeg, sidestand and lever replaced. Never tracked, used for commuting and camping mainly. He's looking for around $4000. PM me if you're interested and I'll send you his deets.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Lovely colour scheme.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

Lovely colour scheme.

Yeah it really is! It's kinda why I figured I'd help him out by posting, because I wanted to post the pictures of it!

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
EDIT: SOLD

nitrogen fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Mar 30, 2021

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's an excellent bike for a good price. I'd buy it, but not sure about getting it to Philadelphia. Can I get a link to your imgur gallery please? You can pm me if you don't want to clutter the thread

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 27, 2021

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Have: Dainese Assen perforated leather jacket, size 50

Worn a total of 20 minutes on the couch.
Never been outside, never ridden.
Probably worn less than a “new” jacket you’d buy off the floor at a showroom :haw:

Ordered this for Xmas 2019 and was too confident in my sizing so I pulled the tags off when I took it out of the box, but it turns out I’m a size 52 and not 50 so this was just slightly too snug on me. It’s been sitting in its original shipping plastic and box since late December 2019 where I’d forgotten all about it until today.

Looking for $250CDN + ship from Ontario, Canada, or can arrange a pickup within a reasonable distance (Hamilton out to western GTA or downtown)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

nitrogen posted:

Selling my 2013 Honda CB500X. Sachse/Wylie/Murphy/Richardson area (e.g. Northeast of Dallas)
Comes with all the luggage racks and stuff I put on it, plus the extra windshields I bought and hated.

Asking $2000. Works fine, in good shape, just too much mortality in my life right now; I'm not in the mood to tempt fate with a motorcycle anymore.

I don't know anything about CB500Xs but based on the local used bike market, that seems like a very good price. I see absolute poo poo being listed above $3k all the time now, maybe that will die down when things reopen. A did a quick CL search and the best bike I see locally for $2k is a 2012 Ninja 250 with 76K MILES on it, goddamn.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That is a screaming deal for a really good bike. With the seat and other upgrades, it's a good biek. This would be perfect for a new rider or commuter, though I took one on my trip down/up Europe and really liked it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody want some DVDs? They're yours for shipping or I can meet you if you're within a reasonable distance of Portsmouth, NH.

Why We Ride kinda sucked, so I can understand if you only want the other 3.

If you're really adventurous, maybe you'd be interested in a jigsaw puzzle of a dirt bike. I assume it was made by searching "motocross" on a royalty free image site.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Craiglist is causing me many headaches so I figure I'll just throw this out here before I torture myself some more.

If there's any goons in the Hudson Valley, NY area I have a 2018 Grom I'm looking to get rid of:

Has about 500 miles and a couple small mods. I still have all the stock parts as well. I'm trying to get $2600 for it. I don't have PMs so send an email to buhbuhj @ gmail.com. Thanks!

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Selling a mesh Spidi jacket for hot summer days. Has elbow and shoulder protectors, with a pocket for an optional back protector. All the light grey parts are mesh, so it lets through a ton of air.

Euro size S, for people about 165-175cm. It comes with a pocket you can zip on or off, that originally contained the rain liner (which i sadly don't have).
Selling it because it's too small for me.

It's in good shape. Ships from the Netherlands. Can be picked up if you happen to live here.

Price: €45. Shipping weight is less than 5kg, so probably fits the 2 to 5kg shipping tier.

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 8, 2021

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

M. Night Skymall posted:

I'm selling a 2008 Honda VFR800 and a 2007 BMW Xmoto G650 in Dallas. They've just been sitting around since my kid was born and I want my garage space back. I also have an SV650 that won't start, it's definitely fuel but I'm too lazy to figure out where, I put new fuel in and it still wouldn't start and I was all out of motivation, it does crank, though the battery's probably gone by now. Make an offer, if you want it, has a clear title at least. Aside from the not starting it's pretty beat up and has like 42k miles, which is why I'm too lazy to figure out what's wrong with it.

So last time I tried to do this the pandemic started literally immediately afterwards and I did not sell anything. I have the same bikes, but about a year older. I figured I'd offer them here before dealing with craigslist again.
I'm looking for like 4k for the VFR800, it has light scratches on the right side and a dumb as hell skull motif on the windshield. Starts up and I assume runs fine, I haven't ridden it in years at this point.
I'm looking for 3k for the BMW, it's a really hard start now. It will start and idle, eventually. It could just be the gas which is pretty old at this point. It was never able to idle when cold the whole time I've owned it, and at least waay back when I cared you could find youtube videos of people who owned bikes that wouldn't idle like immediately off the dealer floor. Maybe it's one of those. It does come with new sprockets, new chains, and some sliders/barkbusters, all new in box and probably with vintage packaging since they're probably 4 years old or some poo poo.
I'm looking for someone to take haul away my SV650, for which I will give you the title. It turned over a year ago but wouldn't fire, probably a fueling issue but who knows.

They're garaged/on a tender and I got new batteries for them last year when I was planning to sell them. PM me if you're interested and I can send photos and stuff.

ETA: I forgot since the craigslist ads are dead, I'm in the DFW area.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

M. Night Skymall posted:

So last time I tried to do this the pandemic started literally immediately afterwards and I did not sell anything. I have the same bikes, but about a year older. I figured I'd offer them here before dealing with craigslist again.
I'm looking for like 4k for the VFR800, it has light scratches on the right side and a dumb as hell skull motif on the windshield. Starts up and I assume runs fine, I haven't ridden it in years at this point.
I'm looking for 3k for the BMW, it's a really hard start now. It will start and idle, eventually. It could just be the gas which is pretty old at this point. It was never able to idle when cold the whole time I've owned it, and at least waay back when I cared you could find youtube videos of people who owned bikes that wouldn't idle like immediately off the dealer floor. Maybe it's one of those. It does come with new sprockets, new chains, and some sliders/barkbusters, all new in box and probably with vintage packaging since they're probably 4 years old or some poo poo.
I'm looking for someone to take haul away my SV650, for which I will give you the title. It turned over a year ago but wouldn't fire, probably a fueling issue but who knows.

They're garaged/on a tender and I got new batteries for them last year when I was planning to sell them. PM me if you're interested and I can send photos and stuff.

Your xmoto almost certainly just has a clogged idle vent thing in your throttle body. Basically just a little hole in your throttle body that lets air into the intake even when the butterfly valve isn’t cracked open. It gets filled with gunk thanks to reasons I guess. Just needs to be cleaned with some q tips and shipload of brake clean.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

builds character posted:

Your xmoto almost certainly just has a clogged idle vent thing in your throttle body. Basically just a little hole in your throttle body that lets air into the intake even when the butterfly valve isn’t cracked open. It gets filled with gunk thanks to reasons I guess. Just needs to be cleaned with some q tips and shipload of brake clean.

I took off the airbox and cleaned the throttle body back when I was actually riding it, and it didn't fix it. It wasn't terrible before or anything, maybe you have to start it like 3-4 times w/o using the throttle at all then it idles, or you could just flutter the throttle for a minute or 2 and it's fine. It takes forever to get it going now and you have to hold the throttle open or it does immediately, but I think that's just the ancient gas.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

M. Night Skymall posted:

I really miss all of us getting together and riding, hasn't been that way for quite some time... The SV650, it is the "yellow" track one you had and we wrenched on? I might take that off your hands, my number is still the same if you have it or my username @gmail.com... (I've got a trailer)

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

FOR SALE
Fieldsheer Mesh Jacket - Men's Medium
$50 shipped CONUS
Never been down.
I've had this for about 10 years, but haven't worn it much in the last five. I always took good care of it and kept it clean, hung on a good hanger in a closet. Back armor is stock (closed cell foam, nothing fancy), corners are slightly upgraded from stock (I took the elbows and shoulders out of a nicer jacket). I'll include stock armor free if you want it. Zippers, snaps, and velcro all work great, including the pants tab. Cats in the house but I keep those filthy fuckers away from my gear as much as possible.
I"m 5'10", 165#, and it fits great. I've got disgustingly average torso and arms, athletic build but not bulky. Could comfortably accommodate 155-175#, maybe even more or less.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

SoldForgot I had these, if anyone needs a set of stock Kawasaki ZX-6R brake and clutch levers, I'll shoot them over to you (in the continental US) for the cost of shipping.

Came off a 2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, no idea how interchangeable they get among different models/years.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 18, 2021

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Selling my 1999 Honda CBR 600 F4. It has about 41,000 miles. It has been down on both sides which has resulted in minor rash on the fairings and tail. The damage is fairly minor however and the paint still presents nicely.

Only minor modifications. It has a tinted windshield, jet kit, Two Brothers exhaust, frame sliders, Corbin seat, steel braided brake lines, LED taillight and turn signals, and K&N air filter. The tires (Road 5) are 1 year old with very few miles on them (still have the nubs).

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JUUpJKcKPdBH6Mt27
Cold idle video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDhkPhrgLU8U8wAq7

Located in Raleigh, NC. $3,500
Email me to discuss: ih8philly at google mail

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
For sale: one pair of Klim K Fifty 2 Jeans, Size 32 Regular in what I believe is the Dark Blue wash. I wear a 32x32 in Levis and the waist and inseam in these jeans are appropriate. I just don't like the overall fit, which is kinda boxy.

These have been worn on the bike once, for less than one hour in total. All D30 armor is included - these jeans are basically like new, minus the tags.

I'm asking $195 shipped including PayPal fees to your door in the lower 48. Smoke free home, but I do have dogs. PM me here or k ryan halter (no spaces) at g mail

I will be out of town for a few days as of the 23rd, so if you ping me about these while I'm gone I won't be able to send 'em out until the first week of August. I will be listing my 2017 FZ09 for sale when I get back.

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
Dunno how much UK traffic there is in here but I really want to get rid of my Hornet before The Winter. I'm assuming anybody on an internet sub-forum about biking doesn't want an old Hornet, but maybe you know someone who's after a first big bike?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265235574048?hash=item3dc145ad20:g:vUEAAOSwhwZg9Vrt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I always liked the look of the 599 hornets but then Slavvy came by and said they were the most boring motorcycle ever made :(

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Sagebrush posted:

I always liked the look of the 599 hornets but then Slavvy came by and said they were the most boring motorcycle ever made :(

Slavvy likes to gently overstate his opinions

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Furious George posted:

Dunno how much UK traffic there is in here but I really want to get rid of my Hornet before The Winter. I'm assuming anybody on an internet sub-forum about biking doesn't want an old Hornet, but maybe you know someone who's after a first big bike?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265235574048?hash=item3dc145ad20:g:vUEAAOSwhwZg9Vrt

I love the color scheme. It's like the bike my GS500 always wanted to be.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Speaking of Hornets, someone buy my 919! Priced high for the usually Craigslist crowd, but will definitely come down for goons.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/d/spokane-2004-honda-919-cb900f/7349310070.html

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002

kloa posted:

Speaking of Hornets, someone buy my 919! Priced high for the usually Craigslist crowd, but will definitely come down for goons.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/d/spokane-2004-honda-919-cb900f/7349310070.html

Nice, I do prefer the slightly sharper styling on the later models. Yeah if I had a decent garage I could do work in I would definitely keep it and bring it a bit more up to date, but that's not going to happen in the short term so best to let someone else have a go on it :)

It is nice and easy to ride, I dunno if that's what makes it boring? Depends where you take it and what you do with it though I guess!

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Off the market.

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 11, 2021

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Sold

Selling my 2007 V-Strom 650 for $3,700 or a house. Located in Ann Arbor, MI.

~ 10.5k miles
Centerstand
Givi Trekker Outback sidecases
Moose Racing and OEM windscreens

Dutymode fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 9, 2021

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I wanted one of those so bad when I was still riding. Good luck.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

SOLDI have 3 Gen 2 Spot units for sale. Excellent condition, all work. One Velcro and elastic arm holster.
$20 each or $50 for all three plus shipping. Ships from 80523.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 16, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do you need to buy cell service with those too?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Do you need to buy cell service with those too?

You don’t need cell service, but they do require a subscription for coverage. They’re programmed through your account on the website, and you can load a few different sets of messages into them. Mine were basically “hey, I’m ok,” “uhhh gonna be a little late,” “if it’s not too much trouble, could you come extract me now?”, and then the SOS button. You can also turn on real time tracks and anyone with a link can see your position every ten minutes or so.

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Off the market.

Kastivich fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 11, 2021

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I have a new men's Revit Airwave 3 jacket in Large that I've passed the return window on and now need to sell. I've worn it for less than 3 hours, but it fits me like scuba gear.

$210 shipped within the continental US. I'll also include the CE2 back protector because I can't figure out how to remove it.

There's a slight smudge on the front of the jacket (left if you're wearing it, right if you're lookin at it) that came with it from Revzilla. I haven't tried removing it, but you could probably get it off with a tide pen or a melamine sponge.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I have an Airwave 3, and I can highly recommend it for when it's hot out.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I would purchase a pair of windproof pants that I can wear in colder seasons. My pants size 33 waist. If anyone selling a pair, let me know

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

Nitrox posted:

I would purchase a pair of windproof pants that I can wear in colder seasons. My pants size 33 waist. If anyone selling a pair, let me know

If you don’t mind looking a little goofy, FroggToggs are fantastic windbreakers. I use the lowers to make my mesh pants work for the winter (but also it's Seattle, so the rain protection is appreciated).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
Off the market.