Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

MourningGlory posted:

To be brief, it's a race bike looking for a race track. I have nothing against going fast, but that's not what I want to do all the time. The bike, however, isn't happy unless it's going fast and being flogged.

And that is why vtwins are nice on the street :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Any of you looking to get rid of a pair of overpants? I wear 30/30 jeans and I'm looking for something more touring wise, I already have race gear.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
What size shoes do you wear normally? That looks like my size (10.5) and I want to replace my SMX5s.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
poo poo, my SMXes are size 45 euro so these might be a tiny bit too small :smith:
Maybe I can run over to cyclegear tomorrow and try some Sidis on because I will buy your boots if they fit me.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
^ That 914 is loving awesome.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm glad I'm not the only one relying on student loans to pay for track days. :v:
(Yes, I know it's a stupid idea)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ohstone posted:

Selling my Alpinestars mert perforated leather jacket. It's black and red and is in great condition. Asking 180 but not above taking offers. Size is 38 USA 48 Euro. I'm 5'10" with a 32 waist and it fits perfectly.

Picture?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm open on the prices, not sure how close to market value they are.

Triumph Daytona 675 poo poo
2006-2008 Header w/ new Head to Header Gaskets & O2 Sensor (dent in one tube on bottom) - $75 shipped
2009 ECU - $100 shipped
2009 Wiring Harness - $150 shipped
2009 Throttle Bodies w/ TPS & Injectors - $100 shipped
Eibach 550lb Spring for stock shock & Collars needed to install - $50 shipped
06-08 APE Manual CCT w/ Ignition Cover Gasket - $50 shipped

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
2005 SV650N

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/3789637424.html

$3200-ish to goons.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 7, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Coredump posted:

I'm putting my SV650 with GSXR forks up for sale in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I'm willing to bargin with a goon.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/3922940989.html

Might want to add your (nice) R6 front calipers to the ad :) Nice bike

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Any Texas goons looking for a small cruiser I am selling my Shadow VLX, it's been chopped and stripped down.

Asking 4k on Craigslist but I would make a goon a deal.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/4030431939.html

That's the CL ad for additional pictures.

That's pretty cool looking.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Coredump posted:

Here's the current ad: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3997456171.html I've dropped the price down to $3250.

...I wish this was for sale a month or two from now.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Can you get replacement parts for Vortex rearsets? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Anyone want a PC3 or X-TRE? I think the XTRE will fit a shitload of other bikes but I can't guarantee poo poo. Both off a 2006 GSX-R 750.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Ergh I should probably buy those but so poor right now :(

Sent you a PM.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's a minty-rear end F4i... watch it get turned into a stuntbike.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Toymachine posted:

Yes. I do work with Vortex. Give me a part number.

RS553DK

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

OneOverZero posted:

2005 Suzuki SV650, YC2 blue, 17,600mi, salvage title from ~2010 - $2300 OBO or some TW200 action in the fine city of Asheville, NC! I've owned it since 2011 with the intent to prep it for VIR or Road Atlanta, but got into ChumpCar instead. Bike has seen some real talk though everything works as it should with cosmetic damage (see below). Kept indoors and performed all regular & preventative maintenance with or ahead of schedule. Has new Continental ContiMotion ZR tires (not yet mounted, carcass date code May 2013) and fresh Galfer brake pads (green compound from what I remember). Both master cylinders are recently rebuilt with OEM components and front brake lines are new parallel Spieglers with an extra 2.0". Chain (DID O-ring 520) and sprockets (15/47t, IIRC) have ~500mi. Exhaust is a stainless M4 header with CF can so it sounds spectacular but at twice the volume I'd like.
Bars are Renthal tall street 7/8” with new ProGrip dirt grips and OEM mirrors. I have the OEM passenger pillon seat in addition to the factory color-matched pillon delete panel. Battery is a fresh Bikemaster gel-cell. Also available are still-boxed Delkevic repro radiator and OEM fan that I bought for some reason, along with the PO's LED turn signals if you want to remove the OEM license plate bracket/fender that I painstakingly tracked down.

Bodywork bears some cosmetic damage from a spill last spring (rash and small dent on left side of tank, rear plastics, passenger grab handle, abrasion on steel muffler strap - see photo), and the right fork seal has recently developed a minor weep. Great opportunity to re-valve & -spring the fork if that’s your game. Seat has developed some small tears in recent weeks.

That said, it’s mechanically sound and has been a thrilling, rock-solid partner for nearly three years of all-seasons commuting and mountain riding. Were I a non-6'4" and more robust human being, I'd keep the SV and ride it to Alaska and back. In summer. Not now. I'd like some space in the garage for a Tiger 800, Sprint 1050, or Bandit 1250, so price is negotiable if you promise not to point and laugh at my sobbing as you pull away.

Immediately post-spill to show cosmetic damage - grip, mirror, rearset, lever/cable, etc have since been replaced.

As it sits currently.
Ugh I want that. I wish I could justify picking up a second bike. Niceeee

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Toymachine posted:

$55.00. I'd have to special order it from Vortex and these take a bit longer (5-7 days) than the usual next day orders I receive.

Okay, I need to order this and a spare footpeg. How can I get in contact with you?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If you start parting that thing I'd be interested in the rear shock, forks, and bodywork :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I do, indeed. Stock 06 750 forks with ~1k on the fluid/seals and stock 06 rear shock. I see yours has 750 forks on it now. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh look, I was wondering how that thing was doing. It's a nice bike, buy it :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1734
I have these in Medium - I've worn them a few times. If they'd fit you I'll send 'em off for the price of shipping.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Spiffness posted:

Anyone wants a 749 S lemmie know.

Details.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit: Sold

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 6, 2014

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Selling off my Knifemaker brackets to put an MT03 headlight on a streetfighter. Read more about them here:
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56413

$70 shipped

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Too bad you aren't in the southwest. I always need more project bikes because I am an idiot and never learn my lesson.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Gonna do some more research, but this motivates me to finally convert my FZ1 to naked. Won't buy this month but if they're around next month I might be really interested.

Did you have the LSL MT03 light on these? This removes any need for the fork tube mounts right?

Take your time, I never ended up using them because I sold my GSXR750 off. It uses a LSL MT03 light and then you use T-Clamps around the fork tubes to hold the bracket.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Mcqueen posted:

Selling my '08 Aprilia Tuono at the most opportune time of the season! :homebrew:
8300 miles
$5k
Seattle
http://imgur.com/a/8RJDm
estobandc at the gmail

Goddamnit man, if you were selling that a little over a month ago I'd have bought it off of you. I was already planning to fly to WA to buy a 749 and instead bought one here because that sold. I really wanted to fly n ride from WA. Fuuuuu

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Ah well, the Tuono couldn't be that hard to sell. :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
If it was a 40 I'd be sending you money now. :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sold

I've got a 2003 Tuono with 21k miles on it, if anyone is interested. I put 2k miles on it, have owned it for like two months, etc. Tires, oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid have ~500mi + trackday on them, Aprilia Titanium Evo exhaust, Akrapovic ECU chip, ZG double bubble windscreen, aftermarket clutch slave, new battery, and a few other little things I can't remember off the top of my head. Runs great. Looks decent - sticker on the front is pealing, some scratches, etc.

I'm asking $3k. More details upon request. Selling it because I started a new job that has me working to the point that I don't have time to deal with a street bike so I'd rather put the money toward another interest.

Full disclosure: I paid $2500 and I've put about $400 into it on top. The intake boots that sit between the motor and throttle bodies should be replaced since they are surface cracked. I skimcoated them with RTV and the bike is fine so I haven't bothered dropping the $200ish for new ones (which are forever backordered, anyway).

I'm in Arizona.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ5hnwh0TmQ

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 14, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Meh, I'll probably have a Tuono V4 by the end of the year. :) Love the bike, no time for poo poo anymore.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm in no rush... it'll sell when it sells. :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Good god, I'd buy it if I had time. Throw some track plastics on it and ride it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Where in SoCal? I'm interested in the SV as a track bike. Pretty good deal on that R6. Shoot me a PM. I was tentatively planning on heading out there next weekend for SoCal Trackdays @ Chuckwalla.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 30, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sigh. Chuckwalla again on 10/11. I'll pm you before I leave to see if you still have it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Considering selling the Ducati. No pictures of the current fairing setup, will have them after this Sunday.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/5239289592.html

quote:

I've decided to list my Ducati 749 for sale after much debate - I've had it for about a year now and it has served as a track-only bike the entire time. I have a clean and clear Arizona title in my name so the bike can be registered to ride on the street, if you so wish.

It is stock mechanically with the exception of the following:
2009 Ducati 848 5AM ECU flashed with 2006 749 firmware
Ducati 1198 Ignition Coils
Sato Rearsets
Performance Friction 95 Front Pads
2000 Yamaha R1 Throttle Tube
Fiberglass Race Fairings
Vortex Race Fairing Stay
Woodcraft Bar End Sliders
Renthal Medium Grips

Stock Parts Laying Around:
Original 2003 749 59M ECU
One working spare ignition coil
Fairings that have been rashed on the left side. Down at AMP 14b in November of last year.
Tail Light
Damaged headlight bucket
Stock Throttle Tube

The belts were replaced and the valves were adjusted about 1000 miles ago. The fork oil and seals were two trackdays ago. The bike was last set up for a 175lb rider by Catalyst Reaction Tuning during a trackday at Thunderhill Raceway. Tires are Pirelli Superbike Pro slicks with two trackdays on them. I have another set with 600mi of track time on them with rubber left to be used as takeoffs or something, as well.

The bike is great mechanically and the fairings are 20 footers at best, but it's a solid track bike. I'm negotiable on the price and I will consider trades for a decent 250 four stroke dirtbike + cash.

I will have the bike at the following events, if it hasn't sold first. If you're registered for the event you're welcome to ride it if you're interested in buying. Just don't bin it. :)
AMP - 9/27
Chuckwalla - 10/11
AMP - 10/18
Inde - 10/25

Watch me regret this.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 26, 2015

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sold the Duc. Mexican Radio - I'll be PMing you in a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
48 EU or US? Not my size either way but nice suit. :)