Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion
Sold! Yay!

benwards fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Infinotize posted:

Now asking 4800 obo. Someone buy a tuono.

Want it, but winter is a hard time for a coast-to-coast fly and ride. :(

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

needknees posted:

Just go south!

Brilliant. Now if only that would also solve my unemployment and concomitant lack of funds. :(

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

SF Bay Area Goons:

I'm selling my Scorpion Commander touring jacket for 160 bucks on CL, but I've had no interest. 150 to a goon, if y'all want a sweet all-weather jacket. I paid 200 a couple months ago, and though it's a totally rad jacket, I have lost weight, and it no longer fits well. Go me, I guess?

The jacket looks like this:

I liked it because the straps at the waist and on the arms mean that it fits better than a lot of textile jackets do, and I imagine it'd slide around less if you took a tumble.

I also have a pair of Alpinestar gauntlet gloves that I'm getting rid of. They were hand-me-downs when I started riding, and since I got new gloves for Christmas, I'd like to pass 'em along again. They're size XL, very similar to the current SP2 glove. These are free to a good home.

Finally, I have a size large Teknic Chicane in blue and white perforated leather. It's got a couple of grimy spots, but it's otherwise in great condition. 75 bucks.

I'm free to meet anywhere in the greater Bay Area, pretty much any time. Unemployment rocks, I guess.

Buy my poo poo!
edit: PM me

benwards fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 13, 2012

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Paytizzle posted:

What size is the commander jacket, and would you ship it?

It's a size large, and I'd be willing to ship it for a bit more money (enough to cover the shipping -- my time isn't worth much these days).

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

I will cut you, bitch! :ese:

That is, if I had any thunder to steal. :negative:

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Where are you located?
e: has it had the cam chain tensioner done?

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Anybody looking to unload a jacket? Looking for a L most likely. I've been striking out on CL so I thought I'd come here and see what you fellas had.

I'm trying to unload a Scorpion XDR Commander in size Large, if you're interested.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Yeah definitely, could you post some pics and maybe an idea of what you're looking for price wise

Hey, sorry, I totally forgot I posted this. I'll take pics tomorrow when the lighting is decent. I'm looking for $150 or so. I only wore it a few times, never in especially inclement weather, so it's basically brand new.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Yeah definitely, could you post some pics and maybe an idea of what you're looking for price wise

It's a great jacket with a bunch of neat features. The double liner is especially nice when it comes to personal climate control. It's a good, 4-season jacket that just doesn't fit me anymore. To reiterate: I'm looking for $150 shipped to CONUS.

Here are some photos of the jacket, if you'd like the full-size originals I can email them to you.
Front:

Back:

Waist adjustment straps:

Thumb loops for keeping jacket liner in place:

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Jacket looks great. Does the jacket run large or small?How does it fit you?

Let's take it to email to avoid clutter: benwards1 at those gmails. :)

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

If other Scorpion gear is an indication, their sizes are more "American" in fit.

It's a slightly trimmer fit than that, I think, mostly because of the side adjusters. I'm 5'10", 180lbs, and pretty trim--I wear a medium jacket/tee shirt and this jacket is a bit too big for me. With the liner in and a hoody under that, it fits all right, but I'd like something a bit snugger.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Selling my 2002 sv650 naked.

Located in San Jose, CA, willing to deliver within reason. Need to sell pronto on account of moving to DC. $100 goon discount (and I'm flexible on the price, especially if you're a new rider).

Edit: PM or email me at at dat google mail.

benwards fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 5, 2012

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

schreibs posted:

Do you want to buy my SV in the DC area for that much? Its an '03... picture in profile.

Wish I could, but I need the money to get started out there, and I'm having a hell of a hard time selling it in the first place. :(

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Z3n posted:

Honestly, its not worth more than about 2k. You might get lucky and find a buyer for more, but gen ones just aren't that desireable in the general market. :(

For reals? I priced it where I did based on what has been popping up on the SFBay craigslist, but with no bites yet, I guess I'll have to drop it quite a bit. I'm bummed, I bought it a year ago for 2800, but I guess it wasn't as good a deal as I thought.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've painted myself into a corner here: I'm moving on Saturday and need to sell it by then. I only held onto it this long because it's my only mode of transportation. I'll do what I can to wash it today, and I'll repost at 2400. No time or funds to replace the signal, but I can grab a new lever from cycle gear and swap that out today.

edit: push comes to shove, I'll be calling a couple of local dealerships today to see what they can offer for it.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

SOLD! Yay. Kinda. :(

benwards fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 15, 2011

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Z3n posted:

Have you posted it on BARF?
No. I don't have an account there and it would not let me register. Frustrating.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Sold!

benwards fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 21, 2016

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

That's a beautiful SV, and I'll be ready to start shopping for my first bike this summer (after June)! I'm also already planning a trip up to Richmond in my truck to see my brother in mid-July. I'm not asking you to hold it until then, just expressing my sincere interest. PM me if you want to discuss. :cool:

Hey! PM me back! :)

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

benwards posted:

Breaks my heart, but I'm selling my SV650. It's a bit steep (I'll take what I can get on the DC market), but for a goon I'll drop the price a bit.

Link to craigslist ad

Details:
2006 SV650, 18,849 miles, in fantastic shape. Scorpion exhaust, progressive front suspension with heavier fork oil, ZX-14 rear suspension swap. Fender eliminator and matching seat cowl to boot.

:(

Still for sale! Goon price: $3500

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Oh good! Here's hoping! I'm moving across town, and got hit with a $1000 dollar expense I wasn't expecting, so it'd be very timely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Partial Octopus posted:

I really want to buy that bike but I can't justify that price and having to get it resprung for my weight. I'm only 150 :smith:

Ah well, just as well -- finally sold it tonight. Best of luck with your search!