Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress I want the luggage and rack but now isn't a good time. :(

Email me if the rack fits in the givi i'll cut you a deal :)

Edit: gently caress the rack just sold. :(

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Here's the last of the DRZ parts:
ZX10 RR w/Free power wiring harness $75
High seat $75
DRZ-E CDI $75
Shock $50
Swingarm (x2) $50
CDI (S) $40
Stock Bore/Piston $50
Plastics $80
Lowered Shock (Lowers bike by ~2 inches) $50
Airboxes (3x3 mod done) $20 each

I also have 2 engines in assorted states of disassembly. Clutches, clutch baskets, cranks, top ends, etc. Don't have any clutch covers, but do have the sidecover that it attaches to. I do have stators and stator covers.

Contact me through the site, AIM, or conand at gmail.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

No, sorry :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Parting out my racebike.

Complete and running when parted. No damage to case covers on engine.

Aftermarket stuff:
QuickShifter addon module for 06-09 GSXR 600/PCV - $75
Vortex Case saver - Left side. Some scuffing to the paint but never been down - $75
Lightweight fairing stay, rewelded but perfectly functional - $75

Stock stuff:

Swingarm (straight, one broken spool mount) - $60
Engine (no stator, everything else is complete) - $500
Throttle bodies/Airbox - $75
ECU - $75
Wiring Harness - $60
Brake Calipers, no pads - $30
Right side control pod - $30
Coils - $25

All prices OBO, do not include shipping. Contact me via PM.

It's a huge pain in the rear end to deal with discounted pricing when I'm listing across a bunch of different sites, so I'll just leave this here and you can contact me if you want a discounted price or a package deal or something.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 23, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Updated GSX-R part out.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Updated GSX-R parts.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jickser partout updated.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/2309784871.html

F2 listed. Make offer, price is a highball for CL.

Took a deposit on the F2.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 11, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

We can figure something out. Send me a pm with your number, or emailme through CL with your info.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Took a deposit on the F2, sale pending. Updated JICKSER part out, lowered prices.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Honestly, its not worth more than about 2k. You might get lucky and find a buyer for more, but gen ones just aren't that desireable in the general market. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

benwards posted:

For reals? I priced it where I did based on what has been popping up on the SFBay craigslist, but with no bites yet, I guess I'll have to drop it quite a bit. I'm bummed, I bought it a year ago for 2800, but I guess it wasn't as good a deal as I thought.

It's got a nice mod list, but unfortunately people have this thing against carbs, and the curvy ones "don't look as good". Drop the corbin on SVrider or something, see if you get any bites at $150 or so, and then clean the hell out of the bike, take some new pictures, and relist it. I'd go down to $2500 when I listed it next time around. For selling stuff, cosmetics really matter. Depending on how long you have to sell it, drop price accordingly.

Do you have it listed on BARF?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

benwards posted:

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've painted myself into a corner here: I'm moving on Saturday and need to sell it by then. I only held onto it this long because it's my only mode of transportation. I'll do what I can to wash it today, and I'll repost at 2400. No time or funds to replace the signal, but I can grab a new lever from cycle gear and swap that out today.

edit: push comes to shove, I'll be calling a couple of local dealerships today to see what they can offer for it.

This is why I think you need to list it for 2k if you expect to sell it in a reasonable amount of time. Unfortunately, there are other bikes out there of equivalent age and lower mileage like this one that you're competing with.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/2427595688.html

Your bike would be much nicer, but the typical SV buyer probably wouldn't realize that. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

benwards posted:

Yeah, I guess it's tough to realize that something I value so highly (and enjoy so much, the upgrades add a lot) is not worth as much as I though. In any case, I updated my ad to lower the price. $2100 to a goon, and as you might expect under the circumstances, I'm pretty flexible on that number.

Have you posted it on BARF?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Frijolero posted:

How much would you guys pay for a 2002 GZ250 Suzuki Marauder? It's got 4400 miles and it's going for $1200 in my hometown.

That seems like a good price if you're looking for something like that. You can ask questions like this in the "Tell me what bike to buy" thread or the general questions thread too :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sold.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 28, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

AncientTV posted:

I don't know if it's kosher to ask for parts here, but eBay and the GSTwin forums aren't helping me much. I'm looking for a gas tank and possibly a front fairing for a 2006 GS500F, this color scheme:

I'm sure a couple preceding or succeeding years have the same paint jobs, but I can't get a for-sure answer from Googling.

Check bikebandits part lookup and they have the color coded part numbers , which you can use to look up years with.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BigRedCat posted:

/\ Maybe, it's my size and I have a blue bike. Can you tell me what model it is? I like reading reviews.

I've been wearing the predecessor to that jacket for about 5 years now, through a few accidents, and it's been great. I'm tempted to buy it myself but I don't need another jacket and I'm a cheap bastard. Its a great deal on a nice jacket...I paid like ~$200 for mine after a 30% discount.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

What size? I need one :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

If it's still new, you might be able to exchange it at the dianese store, their customer service is usually pretty top notch.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jack Black posted:

Even if I don't have the receipt? Since it was a gift thats the only reason I haven't done so.

Yup, just go in and talk to them about it. Definitely worth a shot...especially if the tags are still on it (or you still have them).

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

1983 Honda GL500
Clean Title in hand
Current Registration
48,xxx miles.

Maintenance taken care of recently:

New front tire
Oil change
Final Drive oil changed
Front brake fluid flushed
new Air Filter
new Spark Plugs
Valves adjusted

When all of this maintenance was done, there was no indication of damage or any issues with the bike. Oil came out clean with no flakes or particulate, final drive oil had no debris/wasn't burnt. Brake fluid needed to be changed, but the front brake master cylinder and caliper functioned fine. Charging system was tested and is charging at the appropriate voltage.

Flaws:

The usual cosmetic damage an old, high mileage bike has.
One exhaust stud is missing. Could be drilled out and retapped, but doesn't cause an exhaust leak or any problems.
Tachometer cable is missing, causing the tachometer to not read. I have one on order, I'll install it as soon as it shows up.

Extras:
Comes with a new rear tire, although the current one is still in good shape.

Would make a good first bike or around town commuter...not cosmetically perfect, but in good mechanical shape and ready to ride. Potentially willing to trade for Oxy-Acetylene welding equipment or a 2000 or newer 250 4 stroke dirt bike. Contact me via PM or drop a line in the thread.

Listed for 1400 on CL. 1K OBO here.

SOLD

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 22, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Parting out Gen 1 SV650 with SV500 engine.

Have complete engine, needs to be reassembled.

I have a lightened crank, magnafluxed Carrillo rods, maybe some head work done. Everything was in good working order when the previous crank snapped, bike was stripped, cases split, and new parts purchased, but never reassembled. Make an offer on engine parts.

Frame will come with a bill of sale. Straight.

Aftermarket Stuff
39mm Flatslides with cables/mounts/velocity stacks: $800
Spears racing clutch cover: $90
SV Bodywork: $400
5 inch F3 rear wheel (painted green) ready to bolt on, with spacer kit, sprocket carrier, rotor, 4 fresh Vortex sprockets (45, 46, 47, 48) - $250
Wiring harness, stripped for power to killswitch, no key: $50
Micron full exhaust: $300
Fairing stay: $125
Woodcraft clipons: $100

GSX-R stuff
GSX-R Front wheel (green), with good condition bridgestone slick: $150
GSX-R triples: $75
GSX-R forks, oil changed at the start of season, sprung for a 170 pound rider: $150

Stock Stuff:
R/R, 2 fins shaved down to fit under the tail: $40
SV400 ECU: $75
Radiator: $100
Frame with bearing races for GSX-R swap: $300

Any pictures or questions, let me know.

I have some other odds and ends. Parts can be made available to pick up in the East Bay after the 11th or I can ship. I don't gouge on shipping, you'll pay whatever it costs me.

Any questions, if you'd like pictures, drop me a PM, hit me up on AIM, or at conan d via google's e-mail service.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 6, 2011

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Finally got all the boxes moved and unpacked and took inventory, it's time to get rid of this stuff. If you want a bunch of stuff, let me know, discounts can be worked out! Available for pickup in Oakland, CA.

Generic/Fits Multiple Bikes

Brembo 19x18 Master Cylinder with folding lever $180 - Sold
Woodcraft 50mm clipons with bars $90 - Pending
Speed Bleeders 7mm x 1.0 $5

00-10 DRZ400 E/S/SM

Lowered rear shock $40
Valve Cover $10
Toolkit Container w/ toolkit for rear rack $15
2 ignition coils $10
3 shift levers (one missing rubber tip) $10
Clutch cable $10
Speedo Cable $10
Waterpump cover $10
filter cover $10
neutral sensor $5
kickstand sensor $5
Petcock Gasket Suzuki 44348-87420 $5

99-02 Suzuki SV650

Aftermarket Parts

Clutch perch with motion pro cable $15 - Sold
Small battery box w/ battery $25
GP Tech fairing stay $125
39mm Keihin Flatslides w/ intake boots $750
Flatslide throttle pull cable $20
99-02 SV650S triple trees $25
SV650 Race Fairings $350
Vortex gas cap $40
Frame with clean CA Title $350
Micron High Mount Full Exhaust $300
Seat, CF look cover $50
F3 Rear wheel with spacer kit, axle, rotor, sprocket $175

Stock Parts

Radiator (damaged, lower right corner, functional) $65
Regulator/Rectifier - Shaved down fins $20
Airbox drain tank $5
Coolant Reservoir $5
Rear suspension linkage $5
Rear brake assembly $25
Engine mounts $5
Rear wheel spacer $2
Rear axle $5
Swingarm pivot bolt $5
Fuel pump $25
Coils $20
Swingarm w/ spool mounts and adjusters $50
SV650 Tank, one ding on right side $100
Seat, stock, circular mark $40

07-08 Yamaha R1 $

Front Fender $40
Left side fairing w/ flush mount blinker $50
Fork Internals $50
Stock Steering damper $25
Rear sprocket $25
Stock Undertail $20
Inner fairing V $20
Right headlight $75
Horn $20
Fairing stay, OEM, Zero miles $75
Timing Covers $25
Passenger Pegs $20
Brake Lever $15
2 clutch levers $15
2 rear brake pedals $15
Right rearset w/ extra heel guard $45
2 Left rearsets w/ shifter levers $60
Kickstand w/ connector $20
Turn signals $5
OEM rear brake lights $30
2 right clipons $30
1 left clipon $30
2 Left control pods $30
2 tool kits $15
1 rear seat $40
1 right footpeg $5
right side mirror $10
Assorted reflectors
Assorted fairing bits Offer

08 Ducati 848

turn signals $10
Passenger pegs $25
Tool kit $15
Stock Exhaust ECU $50
Seat Vent (red) $5
Stock Clutch Slave Cylinder $50
Clutch lever $25
Brake lever $25
Air Canister $10
2 Right Side rearset plates $45
left side rearset plates, one with damaged peg mount $45
2 shift levers, one with minor split in rubber $25
Shift Rod $10
Clipon mount (087.1B) $25
Stock Sprocket $25
Back Seat Pad $5

GSX-R

06-07 GSX-R 600 Engine, No Stator $400
320 mm 5 bolt Braking rotors $125
Front wheel $125
Complete front end with forks, triples (bent steering damper mount), R6 calipers with spacers for 320mm rotors, front axle, stock steering damper $250
08 GSX-R 600 Fuel Pump $40
EBC GFA158HH x2 $40 for the Pair
FA 419HH $20

Honda F3

F3 Vortex Rear Sprockets - 45, 46, 47 $30

Assorted Random Parts

Honda CRF230F Master Cylinder $20
03 Z1000 Master cylinder $20
02 ZX9r Clutch Perch with lever $15

For quickest reply, e-mail to

Z3n fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 20, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Penske Shock, sprung for a 180 pound rider by CRST $475
Vortex Gas Cap (safety wired) $60
Michelin DOT Race takeoffs, great condition, under 75 miles on them $100
GSX-R Damper and mount for stock front end Gen 2 S model (won't fit with the N model headlight) $50
03-06 Power Commander 3 USB with box $200
Stock forks, sprung by CRST for 180 pound rider with racetech valves: $275. I'll need a set of stock forks so willing to work out a discount if you can trade me.

Drop me a PM or e-mail to

SOLD
Brand new Vortex Fairing Stay $100
Lightweight Battery, ready to install (A123 Cells) $75
Fairings (Unknown brand, ok condition, no tailsection) $200

Z3n fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 15, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'll take it. What's your paypal?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

JohnnyDangerously posted:

ugh beaten by 2 days

He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I regret my decision now and will cede my dibs to you. Enjoy!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Can I call potential dibs until I get home and measure my handlebars? I need something narrower than my current fatbar.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Too much rise for me! Thanks for the hold though, I'll pass it to deuce sluice.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

n8r posted:

Are you sure your bike doesn't think the kickstand is down?

Yeah, this. Check that the clutch switch is ok, that the kickstand switch is ok, and your problem is likely there.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'd love to buy it but my arms would be a bit too long, because I'm 5'11 with the Neanderthal build.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Have an 04 YZ450F carb for sale if anyone wants it for their DRZ400S/SM. Throttle cables and carb, you'll need to grab the E model intake boot to make it fit. Will probably need jetting changes too, although I can tear it down and check the jetting if you'd like. Make an offer.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2006 Honda VFR800ABS

Posting this ad for a friend. He bought the bike but decided it wasn't what he really wanted after the ride home, so it's up for sale.

2006 Honda VFR800ABS Color: Black - 18452 miles

Asking $6900

Included:
Full Givi Monokey Setup - V47 top box, OEM Honda Givi side cases with internal bags for ease of packing.
Frame sliders
Mirror extenders
Bagster tank cover and tankbag
Color Matched Passenger Seat Cover
1 inch bar risers
Original Manual/Tool Kit

The good:
Clean title, never down. Peg feelers still pristine and untouched. Brake and clutch fluid recently flushed, new front and rear brake pads, oil just changed with Motul, sprockets and DID chain in great shape. Charging system checked and in excellent condition. Tires are Pilot Road 2s in great condition. Bike is in fantastic shape and ready for a new rider.

Imperfections:
Some scrapes on the left side bag. Registration currently, but suspended because bike has no insurance. Low beam bulbs need to be replaced (have 2 on the way, and will replace them when they show up on Tuesday).

Bike located in Oakland, CA.

No test rides without full asking price in hand.

Contact via PM or .

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2007 Triumph Speed Triple
$5700 OBO
16k miles
Current Registration, Clean CA Title*

The Good:
CF Flyscreen
CF Front Fender
CF Chain Guard
CF Radiator guards with flushmount turn signals
Pazzo/CRG? Adjustable Brake Lever
Stebel Nautilus Horn
Integrated rear turn signals
Napoleon bar end mirror
Stainless Lines
Dunlop D220s with about 60% life
New AGM battery
I also have the tuning cable and software to go with it.

The bad:
Scrapes on the left side engine cover
Minor scratches on the tank
Minor scratch on the left rear tailsection
Left grip is slightly rashed up on the bottom, same with bar.
Small crack in the left side CF radiator guard.

*The Ugly:
This bike has current registration, clean CA title, but it was purchased from a friend who crashed it on the track out in Salt Lake City. He got paid out by insurance on it (I have the dealer repair estimate somewhere), and sold it to me, but insurance hadn't issued him a salvage title, and when I registered it here in CA, I was sent a clean title. I don't know what or why that happened, if CA doesn't check out of state salvage titles or what, but it does show up in the NICB database as salvage, but I hold a clean CA title with current registration. I'm not sure if this means in the future the title will show up as salvage, but in the interests of complete disclosure, this is what happened. In terms of the mechanicals, I rode the bike home 800 miles in a day with no problems, and have continued to ride it over the last few months without the slightest issue. No oil leaks, doesn't burn oil. Completely solid bike with the exception of the cosmetic flaws.

Extras - Have a Mad Dog undertail (http://www.newspeed3.com/html/mad_doctor_fek.html) for it, and a Laminar Lip (http://www.laminarlip.com/speedtriple.php) windscreen.

Selling because I want to start the next project - could be interested in trades for an SXV + cash, a Ninja 650 + cash, or potentially a cheap ZRX1100 or ZRX1200 plus cash.

Damage to tank:

Damage to tailsection

Scrapes on left engine cover:

Scrapes on right engine cover:

Mileage - will go up as I keep riding it:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 10, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Offering this up before I part it out:

1999 SV650
Clean title
~35k miles
$2700

GSX-R front end
Fatbar conversion
SS front brake line, longer to fit the handlerbar kit
CRG Levers
Vapor dash
Penske shock
ZX10 rearsets
Corbin seat
Ducati 848 carbon fiber tailsection/solo tail
Custom flat black/flake blue paint
Custom headlight projecters off of a Triumph Daytona 675
Folding bar end mirror

Suspension set for a roughly 180 pound rider.

Pilot road 2s in good shape.

Here are some pictures of the bike in it's current configuration:

For the low, low price of $2700, you too can have threads posted about your bike:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409229

Price isn't negotiable. I'll probably make around $3500 parting it out, so around 800 bucks is what I'm willing to lose for the convenience of seeing it all go in one fell swoop. I've also got some other spares, gen one and gen 2 front wheels, gen one rear wheel, subframes, swingarms, F3 rear wheel, etc.

It's not perfect...needs some of the mods finished (like a proper seat latch for the duc tail, proper mounts that aren't zip ties to mount the tailsection, and some other odds and ends), but hey, it's unique and a lot of fun to ride around. Brakes could use a solid bleed or maybe a rebuild, front brake is pretty soft.

But I've been riding it as is for the last 3k miles, no problems. Or throw some 848 track fairings on it, and have a sweet, cheap trackbike with the suspension already done.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Jesus christ... did you buy my old bike? A 1982 GS650 GL, purchased in Livermore back in March? Because I swear to god that is my old bike in the background, down to the lack of badges on the tank, the busted taillight, and the high mirrors.

Edit: it also seems to have the same slightly messy wiring situation under the headlight.

No loving poo poo? I was the test rider - my housemate bought the bike. Hilarious.

It died a noble death, btw. He took it on a 3k mile trip around the northern states and it exploded the final drive in the middle of the trip. Thankfully, he was 15 miles from a friend's house at a gas station when it happened, and not 50 miles up a fireroad like he had been earlier in the day.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Hah, holy poo poo. Hope it performed ok while he had it, I certainly wouldn't have guessed the final drive would be the part to go.

By the way, if you get a line on any decent starter bikes ... let me know. I'd like to get one for my girlfriend to learn on. I should probably sign up on BARF.

I've got a ZX6E that'll be up for sale soon - 03, some damage, clean title, 40k miles, needs some work but I was going to handle that. Would come with some spares like an extra couple of engine blocks and some other extra parts. If you're interested, let me know.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Parting out 1999 SV650

Done with this project for now, and it's worth more in parts than it is intact, so parting it out.

Paint is a single stage flat black, shot out of a gun, not rattle can, and the blue offset racing stripe has a rainbow flake in it.

Aftermarket parts:

GSX-R front end, with Fatbar. Triples, Forks, wheel, axle, rotors, calipers, SS lines, Master cylinder, handlebar, risers, CRG brake and clutch levers - On Hold, Pending funds
Corbin Seat - $125
F3 rear wheel to fit 165 slick with spacers, complete with sprockets and ready to go - $150
GP Tech fairing stay - Beat up but functional - $50
Custom Headlight assembly - $150

Stock Parts:
Clean frame, title in hand. Currently registered with CA plate. - $300
Fender - $25
Rear wheel with hub/carrier and rotor (Blue/White, also have one that is silver) - $175
Swingarm - $40
Fuel level sensor - $25
In tank petcock - $30
Lock set (ignition, fuel cap, seat latch, single key) - $75
stock front wheel (silver) - $100
stock front rotors - $50
stock rear wheel with rotor and axle, minus cush drive and sprocket - $150
Airbox/filter - $25
Kickstand - $20

Gen 2 Parts:
Gen 2 front wheel - $100
Gen 2 front rotors - $50

Pictures:

PM or post up with any questions, all prices OBO!

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 1, 2012

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Updated and price drop/more details on the penske.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Prices lowered, updated with parts sold.