Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'll take the jeans :) - paypal transaction ID: 1ET66144FM483882D

Threw in a few extra bucks to help out with shipping.

Thanks!

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Chriskory posted:

Shucks, I should have asked more.

I got your Paypal, I'll send them out tomorrow. Thanks!

That was pretty much perfect impulse buy pricing for me, haha. Any more and I probably wouldn't have jumped on them :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Anyone wants a 749 S lemmie know.

Oh god already? My god man.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

You can find the same light from a brammo dealer for like 70 bucks. It's the headlight they use on the Empulse/Empulse R.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

EBC is my vote, or used from ebay that's not scored to poo poo.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ducati 749/999 parts: All parts functional, working, in good order but with some minor cosmetic flaws - 8/10 condition.

$90 + $5 if shipped - Front Sprocket Cover:

$250 + $10 if shipped - Annitori QS Pro with 115mm shift rod. This will work on other 2 cylinder bikes if you get/make the appropriate wiring harness connectors.

$100 + $15 if shipped - Carbon front Fender:

Local pickup possible in Oakland, CA - Montclair area.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 23, 2015

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sigh I should buy that ninja 250. I'm forgetting someone who wants to buy a 250, I know it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah you're a bit far from me or I'd snag that as a learner/play bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

It's easily worth around 2k running and complete. Figure around 1000-1500 not running.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I've got a buddy that's looking for a first bike - calling a short dibs here while I figure out how I'd do transport / pickup.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Drifter posted:

Thanks, Z3n.

Lazy me'd let it go for 700 or 800 here if you think it's likely between $1-1.5k. I'm not really out to make a profit on SA, and I know it's probably inconvenient to haul a trailer around (or own a truck :lol: :suicide: )

I could toss it up on Craigslist in a week if no one wants it.

I'll take it. Buddy actually happens to be down there right now, so hopefully we can arrange pickup this weekend!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

All parts for SuperDuke 1290 - came off a 2014. In good working order, I've provided links to the parts where possible. All prices assuming local pickup. Located in Oakland, CA. Will ship for cost of shipping, PM me for a shipping quote. If you'd like additional pictures, please contact me. Thanks!

Rottweiler TRS-80 and normal throttle bodies: http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/tvs-80-tuned-velocity-stack/ - $50 for the set

Kickstand Removal Sensor: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-69011046044 - $20
Race Dongle: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-61312953044 - $75
(Race dongle on left, kickstand sensor on right)

WP Steering Damper Kit: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-61312905033 - $350
(Note: you will need to reduce your steering lock or this damper will strike the radiator - your other option is to purchase the KTM Racing Triple Trees).

Austin Racing Quick Release fuel cap: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ar-1290-fc - $100

KTM Racing rearsets with GP adjustment plate: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-61303937044 - $500

Racing Seat: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-61308947000 - $140

Pillion cover: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-61307940044 - $45 (Sticker is removable)

Custom Belly Pan with extra metal for brackets: $80

Bazzaz stuff:
https://bazzaz.net/index.php/ktm/1290-super-duke-r-14-15
Bazzaz Z-AFM: $200

Bazzaz Z-FI TC (Traction control, QS, fuel mapping) - $600 (note: I have the quickshifter sensor for this (wires have been cut), but you should not use a spark cut quickshifter on the superduke. It will eject valve shims.)

Bazzaz TC Adjust/Map Select Switch: http://bazzaz.net/index.php/ems-accessories/tc-adjust-map-select-switch - $85

Bazzaz TC Active Light: http://bazzaz.net/index.php/ems-accessories/tc-active-light - $45

OEM Orange gas tank with fuel level sensor (Part number: 61307013044EBA http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ktmtwins/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=ktmdb&a=692&b=10&c=0&d=-TANK---SEAT---COVER ) - some minor dings/paint damage (see pictures) - $700

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Will it fit a carbon star? If so, I'll take them :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Done, thanks!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Fly and rides area selling point IMO.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Decided after riding only a minimal amount over the last couple of months it's time to let the SuperDuke pass on to someone who's going to ride it more...
$15000
21k miles
Clean title, financed through SF Fire, can do the deal there to get the title signed off and transfered.

All maintenance done by me, with the exception of the Akra map flash. Valved have moved .01mm in the last 8k miles. Oil only changed with Motorex, Castrol SRF brake fluid, Motorex clutch fluid, Vesrah SRJL pads, Metzler M7RRs - new front that I need to throw on, rear has ~3k on it. Bike has been ridden like a KTM should be but treated very well, wouldn't hesitate to take it to the track or ride it across the country tomorrow.

Current issues:
I re-foamed the power parts seat with some stiffer memory foam and SupraCor - it doesn’t look great, but its really nice for long trips.
Some cosmetic flaws - I swapped the forks/case savers off a buddy’s racebike, so there’s some minor scraping on the bottom of the fork leg (verified straight by GP Frame and Wheel), scrape on the end of the Accosato lever, kickstand has been dragged at the track, resonator has been repaired on the Akra, plus the usual minor cosmetic flaws of 21k miles.

At rest, street trim:

At rest, track trim:

In action:

Mods Are:
GP 25mm cartridges in the forks
Superplush revalved rear shock
Full Akropovic Exhaust + Filter + KTM Akra map
Accosato PRS master cylinder
Adjustable levers
KTM Lever Protectors
Carbon Tail tidy
KTM Rearsets
KTM Powerparts seat / passenger seat
KTM Powerparts Rotors
KTM case cover protectors
KTM PHDS mounts
Passenger peg relocators (move the passenger pegs down and forward about 2 inches)
Custom Dynamics turn signals
Race Dongle

I also have a stack of accessories for it:
Pitbull rear stand
OEM Rotors
Renegade PAIR blockoff kit
WP Damper
KTM OEM Race Plastics/Race Tail
KTM Race Seat
KTM Solo Tail (Black)
Custom race belly pan
Spare orange / black OEM tanks
Extra plastics
Kickstand sensor delete kit
Vesrah SRJLs
OEM gauge/handlebar mount
OEM springs, 1.10 springs for the GP forks, spare OEM shock
Plus other assorted spares/etc

Oh, and if you're willing to wait a bit while I source parts and such, I could be convinced to build a 1290 SMR out of this bike as well for cash on top.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 3, 2016

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Oh uh cheaper price for friends. Ya you know where to find me if you want in.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is that really the name of it? Is it like hellasupple bro?

Hellasupple is hellaflushes more practical, laid back cousin.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I have one of his stickers on my tool chest :3:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

In for 4 at $10 each, lemme know how to send billz

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

If it's not on there to remind you of something you don't have you're doing it wrong.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Plz post paypal for pays

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2014 KTM SuperDuke 1290
$12600 OBO
~22k miles
Clean title

Decided after riding only a minimal amount over the last couple of months it's time to let the SuperDuke pass on to someone who's going to ride it more. It's been to half a dozen trackdays, rest of the miles are street miles. Bike has been ridden like a KTM should be but treated very well, wouldn't hesitate to take it to the track or ride it across the country tomorrow. You can read about the history of the bike here. You can't have the plate, it's my wife's.

Could be interested in trades for a Husky 610/630, Husaberg FS/FE570, a street legal KTM EXC 5XX, or a LS2/T56 kit.

Maintenance
Oil changed every 3k (oftentimes sooner).
Valves checked at 9k, adjusted the front cylinder to the loose end of the spec. Checked valves at 18k, they had moved .01mm.
All maintenance done by me, with the exception of the Akra map flash. Gas tank recall done - plugs were installed.
All electrical mods (turn signals, rear license plate light) done without cutting the OEM wiring harness.

Things you should know:
I re-foamed the Powerparts seat with some stiffer memory foam and SupraCor - it doesn’t look great, but its really nice for long trips.
I swapped the MC off a buddy’s racebike, so there’s some minor scraping on the Accosato lever. Akrapovic resonator has been repaired.
The usual minor cosmetic flaws of 21k miles
The brake switch on the Accosatto PRS master cylinder is a pressure switch and the computer doesn't like that, and thinks the switch is broken. Could be fixed by rigging up a standard brake switch rather than a pressure switch.

Oh, and if you're willing to wait a bit while I source parts and such, I could be convinced to build a 1290 SMR out of this bike as well for cash on top.

Pictures of the bike as it sits in street trim:

At rest, track trim:

In action:

Current status of consumables:
Vesrah SRJL Brake Pads (2 trackdays, couple hundred street miles)
Castrol SRF Brake Fluid
Metzler M7RR tires, new front, rear with ~3k on it.
Running distilled water for track use
Oil changed 200 miles ago with Motorex/KTM OEM oil filters
Akrapovic kit air filter
RK XSO chain installed at 13k
OEM sprockets
Headstock lubricated/tightened at 18k

Brakes
Accosato PRS master cylinder
KTM Powerparts front rotors

Power
Full Akropovic titanium exhaust and filter
KTM Akrapovic fueling map

Ergonomic
KTM Powerparts seat / passenger seat
KTM PHDS bar mounts
KTM adjustable clutch lever
Custom passenger peg relocators (move the passenger pegs down and forward about 2 inches)
Custom gauge mounts to move the gauges down and forward

Cosmetic
Custom Carbon tail tidy
Custom Dynamics turn signals

Additional
Rottweiler Stage 2 SAS/PAIR blockoff kit
Race dongle

Accessories
Pitbull rear stand

Spares
OEM Akrapovic carbon fiber exhaust hanger
OEM brake pads
OEM gauge/handlebar mount

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 27, 2016

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Superduke price drop to 10k.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I mean you could buy it and put the SMT suspension on it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revvik posted:

Riding it from California to MI would've been part of the fun.
I don't regret buying the SMT at all, but I bought it as a consolation for not being able to outright afford a 1290 and, well, depreciation happens.

You could sell the SMT and buy the Superduke now! :haw:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

1290 no longer for sale, decided to build a thing around it instead.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

M42 posted:

It's a sidecar isn't it

two sidecars

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

M42 posted:

Trike superduke

trials superduke

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

1290 smc

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Coydog posted:

How will this differ from the 1290smr? Do you intend to keep it for yourself, or would you consider donating it to me?

See my thread. I'll probably keep it for awhile and then sell it or maybe not! Who knows!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I'll take the pegs, I'm in the US!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

velocross posted:

Sorry, going to stick to the US.

Oh, uh, give me an email address to reach you at cause you don't have plat.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

velocross posted:

Whoops, forgot about that. aveloc1ty at gmail

Sent email!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ilkhan posted:

So hot.

Maybe I'll join you. Which group?

Open trackday, no groups.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ilkhan posted:

What's the actual date? I meant which group/club is putting the event on. 😎

Not sure on which year I'm getting (14 or 16abs/krt), but pretty sure I'll have a ninja 300 by end of the (coming) week to play with.

June 26th - it's put on by the Dysturbed Riders, they usually bring around 25 people and I usually bring around 15-20.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revvik posted:

If you're working that much I'd honestly be happier if you went to a beach or something on your next day off

Agreed. Tags are secondary to sanity.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Depending on which model year they are I could be interested, will let you know when you post pics :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Got my tags yesterday, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

Paging z3n to see if this can work with a lifted superduke 1290 but I'm interested if it does

Yeah it should work at full extension - it's the same one I have.