Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

MuffinMan posted:

I've lost a lot of weight and my jackets no longer fit.
I take it you are no longer the Muffin Man? Are you selling this stuff to finance a Username Change? Surely you want more than :10bux: for both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tsaven Nava posted:

JESUS loving CHRIST I WOULD BUY THIS IF YOU WERE LESS THEN A THOUSAND MILES AWAY.

Seriously.

Also, I'm really sorry that you have to sell. :(
You should anyway.
25,000 miles on a Virago can only be topped by a 2100 mile fly and ride on a Streetfighter/Cafe Ninja*. =)

*or DRZ-400SM

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Bunway Airlines posted:

Someone buy this Z. I've owned and ridden several and his is just nice. Very fun to ride and a great freeway bike.
Let the Great Excuse Derail begin!
"That is a loving BEAUTIFUL bike, and I would buy this in a heartbeat, except..."
* Don't have $4000 to pay for it.
* 127 HP could kill the poo poo out of me before I even got it back to Colorado.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

hayden. posted:

Lowered to 1600.
After quite a few emails back and forth over the last couple of weeks, I'm pretty sure that come the first of June this will be mine mine mine!!!1 MUAHAHAHAHAH! (...i hope...)

'Course, I'll still have to fly to DFW, pick it up, and ride it home, but...who doesn't love a weekend road trip through north-central Texas in the middle of June?

VVV Hardly a huge creep when you're considering buying that. Especially in comparison to my trying to even envision someone with a claimed **24"** inseam (c.f. Ninja 250 thread) VVVVVVVVVVV

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 4, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

AncientTV posted:

last drop, $85 shipped :(
I haven't worn that size since I was 16.

Bastard.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

PlasticSun posted:

2003 BMW R1150R $4500 - Easily my favorite motorcycle out all of those I’ve owned. I know I'm going to regret selling this one but it seems unfair to leave it to sit for a year while we go south to Argentina. It’s taken me on multiple trips all over the US and it has been as reliable as the sun. If you’re considering a Sportster, Bonneville or any other standard you really owe it to yourself to check this bike out.

The good stuff:
- BMW System Cases - Hard Luggage bags keyed to the bike.
- Gel Battery - Starts in the dead of winter, I used this bike as a year round commuter as well as my main touring machine.
Fresh Metzeler Z6 Sport Touring Tires - Less than 1K on these good for many many more.
Heated Grips - 2 settings and work great to keep you riding year round.
R1150 GS Hand guards - These are great for keeping your hands warm on a cold days or drier in the rain. combined with the heated grips they work great to keep you warm year round.
No ABS - changing the brake fluid is easy and the brakes have a fantastic feel with no nonsense to deal with if you want to explore a dirt road or ride over Cottonwood Pass to grab a burger in Crested Butte on a Saturday.

Bike has 50K miles on it and rides just like the day I bought it 5 years ago.

The not so swell stuff:
I took the bike up a few dirt mountain passes (it performed really well) but I parked it on a somewhat sloped road and it tipped over scuffing up a valve cover. Scuffs are on the bike’s right side valve cover (the cap on the part of the engine that sticks out) and pictured below. These are cosmetic only and do no effect the bike’s performance at all.
The System Cases have some scuffs from being used as luggage on various trips, its all cosmetic and the bags still lock and are perfectly watertight.
There’s a few hairline scratches on the tank from a tank bag that I had mounted on it for a while.

The bike has been well taken care of with services done at BMW of Denver and Bavarian Motorcycles West. Buy it and ride it to Alaska tomorrow!

I've bought bikes and sold a fair bit of stuff here in the past. If you'd like to do a fly and ride I'll do whatever I can to support you.

If you didn't want to sell it, I'd be...erm...how can I say this...
I'd be MORE than happy to store it and take care of it for you while you're on your trip. :v:

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 27, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

PlasticSun posted:

Sure thing, just give me $4500 and I'll let you store for an even longer period if you'd like :)

Better yet just come down and take for a spin you know to just "see what it's like." That's how I ended up with it.
Why, that sounds like an excellent deal! :v:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

needknees posted:

I also have a Joe Rocket honda jacket, size medium I bought awhile back and have worn a whopping three times, just around town stuff. It didn't fit me very well at all, the chest/belly area was way too huge. It's got a zip in quilted liner but it's not terribly thick, would make a good jacket for someone in milder climates than the frozen wasteland Iowa turns into during the winter. I'll get real pics tonight but it's this model/color, and in essentially new condition.

$40 shipped?
I've got this jacket. I pulled the Honday patches off with some careful work with a seam ripper in about 30 minutes. Without the liner, it's good down to around 48-50* below that, and it gets chilly... I haven't put the liner in and tried it yet.

It's got a pocket just inside the zipper on the left for your music player, and a grommet (that black thing) near the collar on the left for headphone routing.

All in all, I've been VERY happy with it, and it's totally money well spent.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

if I don't get 3800$ out of it, I'll just part the bike out.[/B]
If you do, I'm interested in the sumo wheels and some other bits and bobs if I can swing the money, considering the holidays and such...

17 inch KTM rims with rotors and sprockets (Currently running Dragon Supercorsa front, Diablo Supercorsa rear)
Motomaster 4 piston front caliper
320mm oversized brake rotor (EBC Contour)
SS Front line
Vesrah Pads
Brembo Master Cylinder (Stock cylinder as a spare as well)

Brake light modulator
Wide footpegs
Triumph Speed Triple LED brake light
Suzuki OEM rear rack
Givi 42l locking rear luggage w/mount
Vapor Gauges
Chains for both onroad and offroad gearing with less than 1k miles on them
14 and 15 tooth fronts, 48 rear for offroad, 41 rear for onroad.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Bunway Airlines posted:

Buy my bike so Z3n can be happy. It's had vagina alllll over it, trust me.
You realize the joke-door you've left open there, don't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I've got a good stock bore and piston that'd go with the bike :)

Oh and a complete gasket kit, including fresh headgaskets/etc.
The more I look at what you've got for sale there, the more I realize what a screamin' deal I got on mine... Thanks for that, I guess!