Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco Disco
Sold, thank god.

velocross fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

fordham posted:

Does that thing really have a replaceable cylinder? Like a semi truck engine?

The light grey "middle part" of the motor is the cylinder on that bike. Usually fairly easy to replace on a single cylinder dirt bike.

Here's my link, critique away: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/mcy/3446704693.html

I know it's priced high, but it looks like it's too high for any interest. Do you guys have better luck pricing things higher than you want, or say firm on your asking price? Everyone on craigslist wants to haggle so I try to give myself some wiggle room.

While I'm asking, should I put more info about the work done or try to simplify it? When the motor has been "worked on", it turns off a lot of people. It seems like very few craigslist buyers even read the whole ad or care, in my experience. Dealing with craigslist crazies is usually the worst part of these projects. :argh:

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Possibly looking for a FZ-09, any color other than orange or red. Prefer liquid graphite with the blue wheels.

I'm located in Fort Worth, TX but kinda thinking of doing something dumb like a fly and ride.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Seriously, any chance you or anyone you know is heading down south? I'm definitely interested but Pennsylvania is a little far for a fly and ride :(

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Blaise posted:

I'm crazy enough to ride and fly. Where are you located? Bike is 100%, I'd trust it to go cross-country.

Hit me up, aveloc1ty at gmail.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Selling my 2015 FZ-09. Has 3400 mi, akro exhuast and a couple of other goodies. Located in the DFW area. Still need to clean it and tidy some stuff on it before getting pictures. Thinking about $6500.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Sold my 690 and still have a couple of random parts for it. Axle sliders, enduro skid plate, stock camshaft, airbox + cover, open air filter cover (evo1), passenger pegs and a sprocket (will have to check tooth #). I'll get more specifics and pics this weekend.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Shimrod posted:

I'm interested in the passenger pegs if you're happy to ship to Aus

Sorry, going to stick to the US.

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Z3n posted:

Oh, uh, give me an email address to reach you at cause you don't have plat.

Whoops, forgot about that. aveloc1ty at gmail

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

Finally rounded up and took pictures of the 690 stuff I've got. Everything came off an 08' 690smc. Shipped from Fort Worth, TX. I also visit Houston so that's an option.
Email at: aveloc1ty at gmail
All pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/d3tae

Stock 690 enduro skid plate - $20

Evo1 open airbox cover - $20

42? tooth sprocket, will double check just guessing based on part number - $20

Rear grab handles - $10

Stock camshaft (about 11k miles on it, just upgraded to the evo2 cam instead) - $75

Stock airbox+lid (small brass thread inserts like to pull out, need to be glued in), i'll probably just throw the used air filter in with it - $75 (shipping may be weird on it)

Clutch cover - $75

Stock rear exhaust heat shield (has a few scratches and a weird dent in it) - $40

TuneECU cable with ktm plug - $35

velocross fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velocross
Sep 16, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

I need to move this thing before the annual Z3n Thunderhill day... if anyone knows someone...

By the way, that ad is dead