Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

captainOrbital posted:

I'll start the bidding at $400.

$400 + a coors light tallboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

SaNChEzZ posted:

I just learned that my boss has a 2000 Ninja 250 that he's wanting to part with. It's been sitting for a handful of years, is registered non-op and has less than 5k miles on it. It's been down but I don't know how bad. He's still a motorcyclist, track guy, spec 50 racer and tinkerer, so I believe him when he says that it ran with no issue before it got garaged. Of course it probably has gunked up carbs etc.

I think he's looking for $1k, and in los angeles. I can get some pics from him if need be. "It's green and purple"

Not the bike in question, but I imagine it's like this one:

gonna laugh/cry when this sells and not your bike

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

cursedshitbox posted:

bring me something orange and you can have my drz.

:allears:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Drifter posted:

Hey guys. I'm looking to sell my first bike and figured I'd ask here first before putting it out on the real market with a little work at a higher price. I bought my current bike through the forums few years back and love it to death, so figured I could return the favor.
<- nephew just wanted to hear it rev; ATGATT suckaz.

I live in Pasadena at the moment - for the next two or so weeks, actually. If you want to come by in the evenings after 5p to check it out, or something, I'm game. Tell me also if you want better/more pictures.

$2000.

It's a 2010 Ninja 250 with 5100 miles on it that's just been sitting in my garage collecting dust for the past 3 years. I bought it brand new from a dealer and it was my main/learning bike for about a year and a half. Low sided twice in that time - once on the track (Reg Pridmore's school!) and once on a surface street; some slight rashing on the fairings, exhaust, and edges of the handlebars and clutch, mostly. The biggest pieces of damage are a cracked license plate/rear light holder, and broken front blinkers.

<- a better view of the other side's damage.

I had removed the fairings and windshield when I put the bike in the back of the garage, but they'll screw right back on. The windshield's a ZeroGravity black doublebubble. I also have a pair of green pigspotters to replace the stock mirrors, but you can have the stock mirrors (one has cracked glass - but there's a non-stock replacement) too. Visibility through pigspotters aren't great, though. I prefer stock.

I own two bikes currently and since I haven't ridden the 250 in years I figure it's time to clear out the closet.

You'd need a way to transport the bike - the battery's gonna need to be replaced, and like I said, it hasn't moved in three years from the back of my garage. I'm moving soonish, and if I had to I'd drag it along with me and fix it up later, but between that and work I don't have any time right now to get it running. It would save me a little bit of hassle to sell it before then.

You're going to have to do some basic maintenance (which is nice if you're learning, or just zen in general) to get it running again (or none if you part it out :saddowns: ), but it's been a great bike and hopefully someone else can learn to ride safely with it and help them not to die.

You'll get the bike -which needs standard maintenance before it'll run -, original fairings and zerograv windshield (which had been unattached), 3 standard mirrors and the set of pigspotters (because :lol: pigspotters).

The bike needs some work, but it ran fantastically up until I phased out riding it in favor of my 650 - then it just became out of sight, out of mind.

i too would like to sell a rashed up bike that doesn't run.

my price?

one million dollars

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Angryboot posted:

Sell the tuono off!

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

captainOrbital posted:

That's the same size I wear! No you cannot have my riding trousers.

I was looking at some ad that Revzilla sent me in the mail; six hundred goddamn American dollars for pants?

If your wedding tackle isn't worth $600 then I don't know what to tell you.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

clutchpuck posted:

Items: 1978 XL175 Enduro, 1976 DT175 Enduro

Condition: plated, street legal projects with titles. They need some TLC to get running but they are pretty much complete. The DT's got dat air cooled 2 stroke piston slap and its oil pump leaks as much as it pumps. The XL's fork leaks and the headlight is nonfunctional. Both need oil changes and fresh gas and stuff.

XL has collector plate. I legally own both titles.

My wife and I used these to get into dirt riding but our skills are outpacing what these bikes can do on real trails. They are a hoot for forest service roads, and with a tune up and fresh chains you could knock out the WA BDR on them easy.

It's the same ol sad story at the core though: having a kid, gotta downsize.

Any interest at $500 for the pair? I can follow you home with them and help unload.

e: both have somewhere between 3000 and 4000 miles on them I think.

Pm sent.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

ilkhan posted:

I bought a key tag from Amazon. Someone else can have mine.

lol if you think they're actually coming.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Beach Bum posted:

"Saliva me I didn't Saliva You?"

I'm actually kinda hosed right now because I found out on the way home today that my backwoods-country Publix finally switched over to sticky stamps instead of licky stamps :ohdear:

Lick the front.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Beach Bum posted:

I am heading to the post office with keytags for the following folks: Coydog, cursedshitbox, GiszledMelkaba, NitroSpazzz, The Royal Nonesuch, XYLOPAGUS, Z3n, and Zipperelli.. pun pundit's goes out tomorrow because I am NOT going to the office on my day off, and I want to print their envelope instead of hand-writing it like I did for the rest of you mooks.

If you have sent me payment and you are not on this list send me an email and I will send yours out tomorrow as well.

Does this lift the toxx? :ohdear:

Also:

:boom:

:golfclap:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Grimes posted:

Any Vancouver area goons interested in a silver 2003 SV650s with 43k kilometers? Needs new tires/chain and maybe some basic maintenance. I bought it in 2012, but I didn't end up riding much for various reasons and it's mainly sat. I've kept the gas stabilized/fresh and it's been covered and starts/runs totally fine, and the battery is on a tender. Has some scuffs and little cosmetic things, but nothing crazy.

I'd be willing to part with it for $1800. I'm pricing it low and firm because I need it gonzo (I'm in the middle of moving) and I don't have a place for it or the time/energy to haggle. :unsmith: I know this post is super light on details, I just wanted to put something up and see if there's any interest because I don't have a lot of time right now. I'll add more details/photos later on.

May want to say whether it's Washington or Canada.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
fwiw, probably get much better results for that on advrider or thumpertalk.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Endbuster posted:

Sucks that I gotta do it, but... I gotta.

I need to sell my 2011 Ducati 1198 SP. Its Diamond Black. Where is a good place to sell it. Here are some pics. <4000 miles. I broke my back in 2016 and just haven't been able to saddle it for more than 15 minutes at a time.

I don't even know what a good price for this would be. Its hard to research it on the market. Only 511 or something like that were brought into the US Market.

I'd try to sell it on a ducati fb group, fwiw. Sucks though, I'm sorry to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

M. Night Skymall posted:

So last time I tried to do this the pandemic started literally immediately afterwards and I did not sell anything. I have the same bikes, but about a year older. I figured I'd offer them here before dealing with craigslist again.
I'm looking for like 4k for the VFR800, it has light scratches on the right side and a dumb as hell skull motif on the windshield. Starts up and I assume runs fine, I haven't ridden it in years at this point.
I'm looking for 3k for the BMW, it's a really hard start now. It will start and idle, eventually. It could just be the gas which is pretty old at this point. It was never able to idle when cold the whole time I've owned it, and at least waay back when I cared you could find youtube videos of people who owned bikes that wouldn't idle like immediately off the dealer floor. Maybe it's one of those. It does come with new sprockets, new chains, and some sliders/barkbusters, all new in box and probably with vintage packaging since they're probably 4 years old or some poo poo.
I'm looking for someone to take haul away my SV650, for which I will give you the title. It turned over a year ago but wouldn't fire, probably a fueling issue but who knows.

They're garaged/on a tender and I got new batteries for them last year when I was planning to sell them. PM me if you're interested and I can send photos and stuff.

ETA: I forgot since the craigslist ads are dead, I'm in the DFW area.

Your xmoto almost certainly just has a clogged idle vent thing in your throttle body. Basically just a little hole in your throttle body that lets air into the intake even when the butterfly valve isn’t cracked open. It gets filled with gunk thanks to reasons I guess. Just needs to be cleaned with some q tips and shipload of brake clean.