Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm thinking about selling my NC29 model CBR400 as I'm not likely to be doing any trackdays for a while (trying to save some money to go overseas and clear a bit of debt). Bought it back in early July to be a trackbike after it had been sitting for a while. Chucked in a new battery, changed the fluids and it fired right up. Fairings are pretty secondhand, and I've pulled the lights and indicators from the front (still have them). I have spent nearly $1k having the front end completely rebuilt by RB Racing (they're pretty big into 400s) with RaceTech springs for my weight (~85kg + gear) and fitting a set of very sticky Pirelli Diablos which only have one trackday under them and are barely worn. Brake pads are good (and I have some spares), as are the chain and sprockets. Basically it's ready to rock as a trackbike, or for probably less than a grand you could fix it up with some eBay fairings and a good service and put it back on the road. You could prep it as a 400cc club racer for pretty cheap as well. Pics are here (These were taken just as I got it so it's a bit filthy, I've cleaned the chain up as well).

Would be looking for ~$2k AUD, bike is in Newtown, Sydney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Dynojet pull type quickshifter, would prefer to trade for a push type. 150$ + shipping.

Just the sensor?

Scratch that, my bike uses a push type.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Could you do me a favour and take a pic of the mounts on the X2 (assuming it has some built in)?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

kylej posted:

Selling my Dainese Newsan Pelle leather jacket. It's one size too big for me -- every time I ride it works its way up my back and presses into my neck.

An easy way to fix this is to get a small strip of material sewn on to the bottom, with some velcro or push-studs, and loop it around your belt.